Multi Screen

Help each other out

Multi Screen

Postby Colby on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:51 am

Good news and bad news. Bad news is I sold my LCD Tv and now Im back to my 36" interlaced Sears special, no more high def. Good news, this forces me to design a new skin. What I am wanting to do this time I think is create a dual monitor skin. Where my 17" touchscreen is wall mounted and controls my regular old tv. I dont think there is a skin that has half 1024:768 and the other half 640X480. I want the images on the two monitors to be different but interact in conformity. I am not sure on all of this how a second monitor (via S-video out) works with Xlobby. Can I stretch a skin between 2 displays? Does xmovewindow plugin work on second monitor? And what is this? And how does it work?

And advise would be Greeaat
Colby

Postby bromfman on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:09 pm

Hi Colby. This is a setting to specify which monitor XL is launched to. I have one computer that I use for regular computing but it also runs XLobby. I have a regular LCD monitor on my desk as monitor 1 (0 in XLobby language) and a plasma display as my second monitor (my graphics card is NVidia GEForce FX 5200 which has support for dual monitors). I set the monitor to 1, which opens XL on the plasma screen. This way the kids can watch a movie while I read my emails... It works really well.
bromfman

Postby dgemily on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:18 pm

Colby wrote:Does xmovewindow plugin work on second monitor?

yep, it works ;)
do you plan to use 1 full xlobby and 1 thin client on the same machine ?
if yes, start the full xlobby on the monitor "1" not the "0" one, but be carreful using others plugins, somes of these will not working
dgemily

Postby defrag on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi Colby, looks like we are after roughly the same thing here (post http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3938)

I need to be able to run a client on the same machine as the server but on a different screen, preferably with cut down functionality and a much lower res. My main screen (HDTV) runs at 1360x768 which requires full XL functionality, whereas my other screen needs only jukebox and weather. The client needs to mirror the server though!!! Seems that you cannot specify which screen to point the client at as it picks it up from the settings in the server.

Happy to test anything you may be playing with.
defrag

Postby defrag on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:28 pm

just curious - is it possible to make the ppc skin to suit a 800x600 touchscreen AND run it on the same PC? This would make sense for handling 2 displays???????????
defrag

Postby hvs69 on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:43 pm

I think there was some discussion on running Xnet using loopback IP (127.0.0.1) and using the client (xlobbysd.exe) on the same computer. Search for that thread. I am not sure if anyone was successful in doing that.
hvs69

Postby defrag on Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:40 am

Colby: have you had any luck with the multi-monitor setttings yet?
defrag