MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Xlobby plugin development

Re: MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Postby cpa on Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:18 pm

I google xctpvr leading me to a ctpvr forum link. Next i did a forum search for xctpvr which got me this link - http://ctpvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t= ... ght=xctpvr
cpa

Postby homepc on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 pm

cpa, thanks for the reply. I downloaded the CTpvr program and the xCTpvr xlobby plugin. I followed the instructions, but when I select the EGP screen in xlobby, it stays blank. When I select it in the native CTpvr, I see the guide. Did you have to do anything special to get this to work?

thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby cpa on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:50 pm

sometimes I get a black screen in the epg area. If this is what you are talking about. I just click on any of the arrow buttons down at the bottom. All the programs come up right after.
cpa

Postby rhinoman on Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi Lar282

Any plans for this plugin to work with the paid for Xlobby2 and then 3 or are you staying with freelobby?

Cheers
rhinoman

Postby lar282 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:40 pm

rhinoman wrote:Hi Lar282

Any plans for this plugin to work with the paid for Xlobby2 and then 3 or are you staying with freelobby?

Cheers

Plan is to move on(to V3) so yes it will stay active.

During the coming few weeks I will redo the package

I'll post when its done. Ilot has happened with mp tve3 since last update

//Lasse
lar282

Postby rhinoman on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:59 pm

That's good news, this is one plugin that I've always mean't to get round to using (I currently use MCE for my tv recording). I use xlobby for film launching and music zones and it would be great to combine the two with the tv under a remote interface across my xnet clients. :D
rhinoman

Postby lar282 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 pm

u use freeXL today?If so I can update the zip file tonite or tomorrow for u.it's really stable
I think it works under the new prerelease of XL to, but haven't rellay tried yet.Activated my copy today.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby rhinoman on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm

Yes, freelobby on a music/database server and 2 xnet clients for launching films mainly, it's these that are running mce with tv tuners and I switch between mce and xlobby depending on watching films or tv. I'd like to move the rocording to the music server and put the tuners there and just use the xnet clients for veiwing.

I have a couple of licenses for newlobby for a server and client, I'm just trying to work out how many clients I need for future plans (loft extension starting next week and 3 extra lcd's to feed a signal too :? )
rhinoman

Postby lar282 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:15 am

RAR file update, see first post- Still haven't tested on Prerelease of XL but I will
//Lasse
lar282

Postby binary64 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:12 pm

@lar282: Hi, I'm from the http://www.meedios.com forums, and was wondering if all your code is in the rar file on first post.. I don't think my version of 7-zip likes your rar file. I am trying to write a thin client also, but all the MP classes seem to reference each other in a giant web and it's taking me ages.

I'm interested in how your are rendering the rtsp url. Are you launching a stripped down Media Portal that's always on top and positioning it over xlobby as needed? Or are you injecting the video into an xlobby panel/hwnd?

Thanks for your work/help!
binary64

Postby lar282 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:19 pm

It's only a stripped down MP. That is only the tv module left. So actually it is mediaportal running in fullscreen. And its mp that's handling the rtsp.

the other small client, on the other hand, is rendering the stream.Borrowed! the code from somewhere, but u can look in that instead. If u mail me I can send u the source code of that app instead.
lasse10@telia.com

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:10 am

Okay,

I saw your post on the xltv plugin posting, and figured I would give it a try. Actually, the main setup was easier than I first thought it would be. I've been able to scan all the channels. Now a quick question. With my DVB players (prog, dvb dream etc.) I use emunation. Would I place the emunation plugin in the TVEngine plugin directory like I would when using those other programs (and as well, there is a .dll that would need to be placed in the TVEngine root directory)?

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:13 am

sorry but I have no clue what the emunation is?
Is it a Tvservice plugin?Then it goes into the MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins directory.

I have not updated tv server yet and the RC1 is REALLY stabile, so u should wait for that. I'll see if I have time to do it tonite or tommorrow.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:37 pm

So I started to play with TV3 a little more. I used the Server channel previewer to verify that everything was working before jumping into the xlobby skinning portion. What I noticed is that after previewing a channel, the TVServer would max out the CPU (according to task manager). Subsequent previews, of course then, would be choppy. I would have to close and restart the TVEngine in order to recover. Is this one of the bugs that should be fixed with RC1? Also it automatically assumed to use ffdshow...where can I define what codecs and renderes to use? Finally, in your document, you state you have a viewer program, where one just needs to type in the IP address. I don't seem to have this viewer...or am I looking for a standalone executable, but you are not using it?

So far I see some great potential, and I have to admit, your instructions on setting up, so far, have been really good and easy to follow. I'm hoping the skinning portion goes just a smooth. Thanks again.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu May 01, 2008 5:58 am

Okay...me bad...just found out that I didn't un-compress the whole rar file for some reason back then....missed steps 4, and 5, and low-and-behold...there's your standalone program.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext