F2 - Set-up screen - plugins - with USB-UIRT

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Re: F2 - Set-up screen - plugins - with USB-UIRT

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 pm

Were you able to get your MX-3000 and bluetooth keyboard w/mouse pad navigation commands learned into xl?

If not here is a quick how-to:

Colby wrote:
Here is what I did:
1. Created the device in the IR Plugin of setup. (mine is a Universal Remote Control MX-600)
2. I added all of the functions of my remote, renamed and sorted.
3. To learn the IR:
    A. Select the device function (ie. UP)
    B. Click Set button, ID field turns green, then press the corresponding button on my remote. Atop it will say status Recieved ID: #######, etc.
    C. Continued like this until entire device was mapped.
    *note_ This only learns input from a remote, to learn transmit from the buttons you must use learn under the transmit button. Dont get these confused.
Now that the remote plugin knows what buttons are what, you goto your event manager in the setup tab. Here you select the event (Navigation>UP), it will have an XL event Up you will add a trigger by clicking the triggers tab. You then click IR tab, and the alias of the device (your remote device) and the command (up) then add. What this does is tie the IR trigger to the XLobby event Up. Basically saying Pressing Up on the remote, is the same as using Xlobby event up. I found this all pretty straight forward.

*However if you ever plan on using Xremote plugin, which I would recommend, I would set things up differently. Saves yourself some redundancy, and gives you more control. You should follow the instructions for Xremote 1st, then map whats left. Thats another topic.
Good Luck.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Taking a step back...

I have an open and blank button on my remote (MX3000) that I want to program to simulate the "up" navigation command. Where does the IR code come from?

I thought I could transmit the IR code from XL out of my USB-UIRT, and learn the IR code into my remote. I appear to be confused.

I guess I am confused about what end to start with? I thought the IR code for simple navigation commands was in XL. Although mine was blank and if that is normal it looks like I need to get the code elsewhere..
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Now I see where the confusion is...yes you need to have the IR code in your remote already. I haven't heard of anyone using xl to program their remote. Just use a code from a remote you don't use anymore...could be anything. Then learn it to xl and use it as a trigger to the navigation buttons. Good luck!!!
Last edited by sharp_1 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:19 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Now I see where the confusion is...yes you need to have the IR code in you remote already. I haven't heard of anyone using xl to program their remote. Just use a code from a remote you don't use anymore...could be anything. Then learn it to xl and use it as a trigger to the navigation buttons. Good luck!!!

ahhhha!

Got it. I will give this a shot.

Thank you!!
vaporhat

Postby vaporhat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:37 pm

ok, now I think I know what I need to do but still having issues.

I am trying to lean an IR command from a remote in XL, using my USB_UIRT, I get a progress bar with no progress.
I get a repeating flashing LED on the USB-UIRT but nothing is being seen in XL.

Any ideas??

Seems like it would be very straight forward but I am at a loss here.
vaporhat

Postby homepc on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:17 pm

Make sure you are only about 3 inches away from the USB-URT when you try and learn a code.
homepc

Postby vaporhat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:26 pm

homepc wrote:Make sure you are only about 3 inches away from the USB-URT when you try and learn a code.

Yep, tried 1", 3", 6".... etc. nothing. Not even one bar..

Had no problems learning and programing my mx-3000, what is wrong with me now? :? It's always the little stuff..

Anything else I could try to ensure the plugin is working properly?
I tried this for existing event commands as well as new ones.

Thanks.
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 pm

...and be sure to press the learn button in xlobby then press button on remote while holding the remote within 3 inches of the UIRT.

IR LEARN.jpg

Is your remote sending a signal?
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:30 pm

sharp_1 wrote:...and be sure to press the learn button in xlobby then press button on remote while holding the remote within 3 inches of the UIRT.

IR LEARN.jpg

that's exactly what I have been doing and nothing. I didn't have this issue before although at that point I didn't realize that 98% wasn't good enough. Since then I have updated to the latest version.

Did something change? Sharp_1, what version are you running?
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:37 pm

Feb. 26th 2007 build date for me.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:59 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Feb. 26th 2007 build date for me.

I'm on the Feb 5th 2008 build.

Maybe I'll back pedal to see if that behaves any differant.
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:01 pm

I keep forgetting to ask if you are on the payware or freeware versions...all my experiences have been on the freeware version. Sorry for any confusion.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:04 pm

sharp_1 wrote:I keep forgetting to ask if you are on the payware or freeware versions...all my experiences have been on the freeware version. Sorry for any confusion.

yeah, I'm a little too green with XL to know what's me or what might be a bug.

On a side note, what does the "ID" number for the command indicate or being used for?
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:28 pm

What I think it is is a unique identifier that is pulled from the code somehow. After a successful code pull the ID box will change to green. At that point you need to press the set button to have xl remember the code...then you can test transmit to see if it works.
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:36 pm

finally got it. There was an issue with my USB-UIRT. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and suddenly everything worked .

Thank you.
vaporhat

Previous