Playlist features musings...

Got an idea, post it here

Playlist features musings...

Postby Grooby on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Hi

Some random ideas i had, may not be practical...

1 - have love, hate buttons feature like Pandora, i always hate the odd track on every CD and i thought an idea would be if you were listening to say a global shuffle playlist or album, if a track plays you don't like you could hit the hate button and it sets a flag in the database to ignore this track next time. The cat could show a red flag against that track to allow you to unset it if your tastes change. Likewise if you like one, you hit love it button and it tells the database that this is a preferred track and should be played more often than not in a playlist...

2 - creating a playlist on the go - lets say again i'm listening to a global shuffle of all tracks or an all artist playlist etc and i like certain tracks that play, i could hit a "create live playlist" button that then sets up a blank playlist, then you have a add track button that as a track is playing and i think i would like that in a playlist you hit add track and it starts to populate a playlist, then as each track is played from other artists you can start to build up a playlist. When you are done, hit save and then rename it what you want. You then have a playlist of tracks you have enjoyed listening to during that session...

Just some things i would like, they may not be possible or seem practical to others... :D

Andy
Grooby

Re: Playlist features musings...

Postby samsonlov on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:36 pm

+1.
:)
samsonlov

Postby Jay on Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 am

Good thoughts.
Jay

Postby wesblack on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:32 am

These suggestions sound good, I would use them. More work for us.........! :)

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 am

1 gets done by wiring user ratings say 1 to 5 stars...
you can then bias the playlist in favour of higher rated tracks.

Get it to set last played times and you can also bias the playlist to favour un-played (or not played for a while) tracks...
As usual i have a plug-in to do this, its just to damm clunky compared to the current shuffle playlist command (which did not exist when i wrote it) :)

2 sounds like a good idea!

Wes, i think you could wire in some simple libary functions that would add some "thats neet" factor when people listen to there music, and like i said i think thay are probably quite easy to do (inside xlobby, via a plug in it was a bum pain!) and can be applied to all database... :)
S Pittaway

Postby Grooby on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Sean's idea for 1. sounds great

With regard to 2., i was thinking a feature to allow you to "reactivate" a saved playlist so you could continue adding to it would be good.
Grooby

Postby samsonlov on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Bump. +1
:)
samsonlov