Incorporating Blu-Ray?

Speak your mind

Incorporating Blu-Ray?

Postby rembetis on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:57 pm

So, I'm thinking about installing a blu-ray drive into my HTPC and I'm wondering if anyone has successfully integrated playback into free Xlobby. I've been doing a little reading and I'm still unclear whether PowerDVD accepts command-line parameters or whether Blu-Rays (either via actual discs or on the HD) can be played in this manner.

Any help would be appreciated...
rembetis

Re: Incorporating Blu-Ray?

Postby vaporhat on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:26 pm

I am interested in this too..
Been putting this off while I am sorting out other issues in my set-up but this one is on my horizon :)
vaporhat

Postby lpg on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 pm

I am looking at this. PDVD does not have command line switches. You need to load the iso to a drive then launch the player.

[Edit]:There are command line switches they are just not documented.
Last edited by lpg on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lpg

Postby lpg on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Good news I got Blu-ray incorporated into xlobby. I have it working on a dedicated Vista HTPC and an XP Pro laptop Here is what I used:
Ripped to HD with andvdhd with protection on (you can read on the slysoft forums about this). Basically this delivers a bit-bit transfer.
Mount with virtual clone (Daemon tools has problems with this right now. You also would need to buy at least the Standard pro version which emulates Blu-Ray drives)
You need ANYDVD HD running to support the data structure in the iso.
Play with PDVD 8

To make this work in Xlobby I needed to create a new play event here is what I have at the moment. (If anyone has a better way to do this let me know).

launch PDVD8.jpg

Blu-Ray mount iso.jpg

PDVD8 Filetypes Setup.jpg
lpg

Postby CaM on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:17 am

hi, thanks for posting this.

Did you create a seperate Blu-Ray DB for the ISO movies?

If so, how did you do this?

thanks

CaM
CaM

Postby lpg on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:36 am

Hey Cam yes I did in fact Go to this thread http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6594 and click on the google thread. I walk through the directory struct etc. I use Slysoft anydvd hd to rip and virtual clone drive to mount.

Larry
lpg