VLC Support within Xlobby

Help each other out

Re: VLC Support within Xlobby

Postby bmblank on Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Does it play automatically or do you need a command in there for that too?
bmblank

Postby smotta on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:22 pm

I have it set up so that when you click the "Play" button in Xlobby - after it pulls up the page that has the cover art and all the spidered information it automatically starts VLC - takes it to full screen, Deinterlaces, and then begins my movie.

As far as getting xlobby to be the player of choice - that was worked out under "File Types" or something like that, i just set the default player for category "movies" to VLC.

Don't know if that answers your question but it's what worked for me.
-Sean
smotta

Postby teror on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:14 pm

wesblack wrote:Sorry HVS69 I disagree. I have used all the other external players and it usually makes for a incomplete experience when trying to control it with remotes, touchscreens etc. . For this to continue with the big boys in home theater systems we need our own player as well as access to external players for those who want it. The Graph file is necessary for consistant playback in xLobby, I simply wanted to show what's possibe, not that everyone will need it. There are also some interesting thing's Steven and I have planned for the Graph interface for the future that I do not have the time to discuss on this post at the moment.

You don't see Sony, Elan, Russound, Crestron, AMX or other companies making external add-ins for there products to function or play basic content. The product needs to perform reliably for DVD playback and work out of the box. Installers and consumers do not have the patience for the 10 hour tinker factor, they just want it to work " Play Movie Please". Even the user who started this thread is pulling his hair out to get it working. I remember setting up Zoom player for the first time with xLobby years ago, the free version of Zoom player at the time would only playback DVD's from the optical drive not the hard drive, it took hours of research to find out that only the paid version would only allow you to playback movies on the hard drive from xlobby. Leaving the xlobby interface to play movies with external players only has alway's seemed very clunky and filled with issues to get it just right for a finished look.

We are now selling many xLobby media systems each week prior to the official launch of the program to system integrators and the systems that are installed are all working for there customers without issues in playback just like they expect it to. This is what they need to continue to sell the product over and over, not "Well let me try this and let me try that, oh yeah lets try this player and see if it stops 30 minutes into the movie,or I am sorry your system locks up every few day's while playing your movies, etc". Also not to mention the addition expense of third party DVD software.

Unfortunately the xLobby platform needs to consider other customers and markets besides the hobbiest's or tweakers out there, not that i am knocking our community of xLobby loyal user's.

I appreciate all the concerns and your comments

Wes Black \ Calrad
8)

I think xlobby is great, i have also been successful in launching vlc as an external play however i want the internal player as it is more "interactive" for a true HTPC experience. One thig wrong with that i can figure out how to make it play multiple files in the same directory. it seems to play all files where there is one file and one image in when it sees multiple files it doesnt play any of them.

Any help on this?
Thanks
teror

Previous