XEvent plugin by Ptrinchi

Xlobby plugin development

Postby ptrinchi on Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:49 am

rbzigg, it's a bug with xlobby. When you create a plugin event the variable is not register the first time. You have to select your event in the treeview on the right and give it again the variable field.

edgley, I don't anderstand what you trying to do exactly but if you wanted to do a simply refresh follow the explaination of rbziggy, he's doing the right thinks.
ptrinchi

Postby dgemily on Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:10 am

Ptrinchi,
With le last version of xevent.dll that I use ( I didn't try it with the version posted on this thread but I think is the same thing)
so when we use a parameter with "Every-Hour" and "Every-Minute" the parameter is deleted after the first execution/triggers. the parameter disappear from the triggers list...

Later,
dgemily

Postby rbziggy on Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 pm

Ptrinchi,

Thanks for the tip! Behaviour is a bit peculiar but I've found the way around this feature. For me, (or with the xlobby2prerelease1 version) I found the following to work (in detail, as it may help others):

- Add a new event in the event manager (in left hand side).

- Using the commands, specify the Xevent plugin with 'add event' and your chosen variable string.

- Press the 'add' (command) button on the right. This gets a 'command folder added into the new event on the left hand side.

- Click on the command folder (you will see the variable box is now blank). Reenter the variable text string in box. [You will now see that on selecting another item and then reselecting your 'command' that the variable text is now permanent.]

- Now click on the 'Test' button under the Events tree (i.e. on the left hand side; NOT the 'Test' button on the right hand side under the commands box - this does not work!)

If you then open the XAlarmClock.ini file you will see the variable string has been added to the file. (Note, I found that without the 'Test' step, the string did not get added.)

The event then triggers as expected - nice plugin an v useful. I'm now going off to see if I can get a full alarm clock to work.

Cheers
rbziggy

Postby dgemily on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:12 pm

rbziggy wrote: I'm now going off to see if I can get a full alarm clock to work.

look at the alarmclock screen in this skin http://france.xlobby.com/skins/new/maTVMCE_xevent.rar
I made some databases to use a full alarmclock fonction, you have just to translate some words in these databases :wink:

later
dgemily

Postby rbziggy on Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:44 pm

Thanks, will do.

(This may take some time!)
rbziggy

Postby edgley on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:46 am

I am making some progress; at least now XL doesnt crash!

I have followed rbziggy tips and now have the following line in my alarmclock.ini file:

Code: Select all
Add Event
2005 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:01|webcam:refresh

I have then linked a button on the web cam skin to this event.

When I click on it, they dont update :(

Also, if I click again, i get another 2005 etc line added to alarm.ini
edgley

Postby rbziggy on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:11 pm

edgley wrote:I am making some progress; at least now XL doesnt crash!

I have followed rbziggy tips and now have the following line in my alarmclock.ini file:

Add Event
2005 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:01|webcam:refresh

I have then linked a button on the web cam skin to this event.

When I click on it, they dont update :(

Also, if I click again, i get another 2005 etc line added to alarm.ini

Edgely,

I think this may not be right on a several of points (but excuse me if I get it wrong, I'm still finding my way too.)

First, I think the 'Add Event' line is a spurious artifact of the bug/feature we were discussing above. I got this text added to the file when I clicked the RIGHT hand 'test' button. Because the variable text disappears, this test just seems to put in the next line up (that's my guess). Suggest you edit this out.

Second, if my reading is correct, just having the variable line in the .ini file means that xevent will check every cycle (i.e. every few seconds) and execute the command if the time condition is true. To this extent, I think you do not need to link to a refresh button. According to your variable string, your webcams will only be refreshed at 1 minute past each hour anyway.

Third, I think (er hope my interpretation is right - and I haven't fully checked this out) that linking such an xevent event to a button means that when you press the button that the variable string in the event is written to the .ini file and that xevent then picks it up and executes the embedded event at the specified time. This explains why you get additional lines added each time you press the button. This functionality thus allows the user to dynamically create events from the interface (using variables for the time I suppose!)

The consequence of this (again, if I'm right) is that if you want an instant update to your webcams from a button that you just use the base command event of 'webcam:refresh'. If you want an automatic refresh, you just need to specify in the .ini file the periodicity. At the moment you have it once an hour. I think there is also an 'Every-minute' command that you can use in place of '01'. This seems to be the smallest resolution the xevent handles as seconds are not part of the variable string.

Well, that's how I've interpreted it! Happy to be put right though!
rbziggy

Postby dgemily on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:43 pm

there is also an other way to configure your parameter: go to the set up ( hit F2), then to the plugin tab, select sevn and configure :wink:
dgemily

Postby edgley on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:26 pm

thanks, I will change.

Sorry to be a muppet but what would be the exact line for a 1min refresh be please?

Thanks.
edgley

Postby dgemily on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:39 pm

I think , it should be like that:
2005 Every-month Every-day|Every-Hour:Every-Minute|webcam:refresh|

to be sure, configure your parameters via the set up, plugin tab :wink:

later
dgemily

Postby edgley on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:02 pm

Ok, so I have removed the event I created, and just used the plugin to create a trigger.

Here is the line from alarmclock.ini

2005 04 Every-day-on-weekend|Every-Hour:Every-Minute|webcam:refresh|autocam

And then I watch my web cam page, but it doesnt seem to be updating.

Am I missing something please?

Thanks!!
edgley

Postby rbziggy on Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:43 am

edgley wrote:
2005 04 Every-day-on-weekend|Every-Hour:Every-Minute|webcam:refresh|autocam

Only thing I can see is that you have 'every day at weekend' set and posted your message on a Friday night. Unlikely for this event to execute every minute until Saturday 00:00.

Rgds
rbziggy

Postby edgley on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:28 am

Oh my, that was embaressingly simply :oops:

thanks, it now works fine!!
edgley

Postby jimmyb on Fri May 13, 2005 1:04 am

Well I thought I found the answer to refreshing webcams but, after 24 hrs things start crashing. Upon investgation I opened Xevent and WOW!, hundreds of duplicate entries. After several wipe and retrys I had to delete and give up. So far all is running well. Anyone else having this problem? Fix?
jimmyb

Postby dgemily on Fri May 13, 2005 11:12 am

Upon investgation I opened Xevent and WOW!, hundreds of duplicate entries.

I know that an user had the same thing, I will report it to Ptrinchi... me, I use Xevent and I never seen this bug.. but I know there is a problem using parameters "every-minute" and "every-hour"...

dge
dgemily

PreviousNext