kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:38 am

ill have to investigate all this, its just im currently totally addicted to world of warcraft, so be patient =)

here is just few quick thoughts:

- make sure u r using new xl version (one that has screen name variable built in)

- this is little far fetched but could second "_" character in ID be cause...

- also note that before each time u launch xlobby u should kill all running instances of pervhub before, and let xpert to bring new instances of pervhub and kXd up. this should this way the "link" between programs should be intact.

I have also been noticing constant crashes of pervhub. and really any info, or insight u can provide about this can be highly valuable... this bug is going to be hard one to catch. Did it happened in your earlier configuration?

related to that since its crashing mayby u can provide some feedback about automatic recovery... cause when pervhub goes down, xpert should notice that and bring up new instance of pervhub. Does it work so? and if it does do we still loose some functionality?
I
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:47 am

after a quick second look... im pretty sure its that first "_" character in your ID...

Im sorry for inconvinience... but it looks like u need to change name of your screen.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:02 pm

I'll take a look at the screen name. I had a hunch that that was the problem too.

However, how do I get xPert to launch pervhub and my 2 kxd instances automatically? I've been opening them manually before launching XL from the start!
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:07 pm

Ull need to place everything on correct folders and make one file for initializing PervTalk devices. Take a look PervHub related post on xPert thread (theres boldfaced warning on that post, so u can find it quickly) and beginning of this thread for details.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:41 am

I've been trying to make pervhub and kXd launch automaticaly, but i am having some problems.

Now, I put pervhub.exe and autorun.ini in xlobby/applicatons/pervtalk. I put kXd.exe and Card1.ini and Card2.ini in xlobby/applications/pervtalk/pervware.

The content of my autorun.ini is

Code: Select all
kXd Card1 card1 0
kXd Card2 card2 0

Now I can tell that both instances of kXd are launched with XP's Task Manager. However, they don't seem to work once in Xlobby : i can't do any fades and the volume bars don't appear (webdings or graphical). I was however able to use the fades (but not the bars) if i removed the entries from the autorun and launched them manually with a shortcut : kXd.exe Card1 card1 0 ... once Xlobby is running.

Any thoughts?[/code]
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:18 pm

hmm shouldnt there be 1 (on autorun.ini) instead of 0 for other card... isnt that the card number?

EDIT: also note it will take couple of seconds after xl is ready to kXd instances and xPerT to be bonded.

Did u make screenname change, and if u did, did it solve any of those earlier probs?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Oups, I made a mistake while copying the autorun.ini...there IS a 1 at the end...

Also, I did the screenname changes but at the same time as moving the files around so nothing has been working

EDIT : How long should it take for everything to connect? I see everything running in task Manager, but when it gets time to see the bars for example, I see "Fetching" for the webding bar and "Does not compute" for the graphical ones..
scalt

Postby scalt on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:26 pm

I'm slowly debugging this.

First of all, I called my instances of kXd differently (ie kXd1.exe and kXd2.exe). Now, when I run XL, I everything works except one thing : displaying the bars. I can click them and change volume and I can also use fades (I was able to verify this with the KX DSP)

I'll keep on messing around with it. Hopefully its just a mistake on my side with the text of the bars themselves..

EDIT : Well, ya it was : for the webding bars there was a misplaced space! oups!
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:35 pm

So is everythin pretty much ok now?

fades still show "loading..." a lot? that is something which might still be problem cause things work little bit differently than old version... that is something i have to look into... when i get fed up with wow... so might take a while...

EDIT: for your question... i think within 3-5 seconds after xl has loaded fully, everything should be up and running...

my 666th post, muahahhahah :twisted:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:30 pm

Here is what I found :

NOTE : I renamed my zone control screen to kxmixer

When using the following launch sequence
    pervhub.exe
    kXd1.exe Card1 card1 0
    kXd2.exe Card2 card2 1
    xlobby.exe
I get the following results :

After opening XL, if I go directly to the "kxmixer" screen (by using the skin editor) all the bars show up fine and I can change the volume by clicking on the bars and all the fades work.

If After opening XL, I go the the "kxmixer" screen by using an "open overlay" command, all the bars show up fine, the fades work, but I CANNOT control the volume by clicking on the bars (as before)

If After If After opening XL, I go the the "kxmixer" screen by using an "open overlay" command and THEN manually go to the screen with the skin editor, PervHub crashes. This happens regardless of if I touched anything on the kxmixer screen while it was opened as an overlay

When using the following launch sequence :
    xlobby.exe

and the following autorun.ini
Code: Select all
kXd1 Card1 card1 0
kXd2 Card2 card2 1

I get the following results (after a 10 seconds wait once XL is opened everytime)

If I go directly to the kxmixer screen using the skin editor none of the bars show up, webding or graphical. The fades DO work and the bars ARE clickable, but they do NOT show up.

If After opening XL, I go the the "kxmixer" screen by using an "open overlay" command, NONE of the bars show up, the fades work, and I CANNOT control the volume by clicking on the bars (as before)

If After If After opening XL, I go the the "kxmixer" screen by using an "open overlay" command and THEN manually go to the screen with the skin editor, the bars BECOME clickable but still do NOT show up

Hopefully this will allow you to track down the problem. There seems to be 2 issues. First of all, the bars are not clickable when they are on an overlay. Second, there seems to be a problem or at least a difference between devices being launched manually or by pervhub.
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Okay, sorry to jump into the game kinda late, but I'm having some very fundamental problems. I moved P3rvHub and all files into their proper locations. I've created the default.ini file (tried with P3rv's example and with my own ideas based on Scalt's example). I run the kxd 0 default 0 command line and don't get an error, but nothing seems to happen (yes P3rvhub is running). Can you guys give more examples of what to type in the command line? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

Second thing is that P3rvtalk is in the plugin directory, but indicates that it is offline...even though it does load up P3rvhub fine...Is this normal?

Last but not least I add the varibles to bring up graphic bars in xlobby, but I get a response - "Does Not Compute" (looks rather funny when using Wingdings).

Again, sorry for my complete lack of knowledge...I'm playing desperate catchup here.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:
Second thing is that P3rvtalk is in the plugin directory, but indicates that it is offline...even though it does load up P3rvhub fine...Is this normal?

It should say online, when it has properly formed link with pervhub.
BUT it takes sometime after xlobby has started before software is properly paired, i said 3-5 seconds to scalt, but i did some quick tests and it seems to take considerably longer on worst case. so mayby waiting like 15-20 seconds after xlobby has fully initialized before hitting F2, then it should really say "online" if evertyhing is setup properly. Also note that plugin page on setup doesnt seem to update plugin status, i dont know if this is oversight on stevens part or if im doing something wrong, i once complained about it, but didnt got answer... so hitting F2 again later wont do any good.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:21 pm

Good idea could be first test your fades using just kXd's standalone fade support, to confirm that your ini file has correct structure. It doesnt need Xlobby, PervHub, or xPerT to operate so there are considerably less things which can go wrong. See fifth post on thread for more info and usage. Note that standalone support was added only to latter version of kXd. Also just try to control "stereo mixer" kX plugins first cause they are only ones kXd has been tested so far.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Scalt,

I did some quick testing, and confirmed your findings. Althought i only tested with my autolaunching setup.

It turned out that i was totally wrong with my 3-5 second pairing time... try to wait a minute or two before going onto overlay with bars, and i think ull find them in place, atleast i did (both graphical and webdingy). Dont really know why it takes so long... i guess i have to investigate, however this is not like critical bug.

Clicking on bars wont work on overlay, as u said, but it will work on skin editor, when overlay is not really an overlay but a real screen. This pretty much confirmed my suspicions about the culprit... and once i get programming environment back up and running ill make new build which im pretty sure will fix this prob, im hoping to have it ready by the end of the week.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:37 am

Did the fix i had on mind, but it didnt removed the prob. Now im thinking that prob might somehow be tied on capital letters on screenname, if u have caps on screenname, like in mycase kXmixer, u could try remove them and see if it has any effect.
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext