MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Xlobby plugin development

Re: MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Postby lar282 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 am

Cabinetguy wrote:I thought this might be the case.
Oh well, I have been wanting to make changes to my skin anyway. I've been wanting to include elements of the Black glass skin into my xlobby skin as well as MPTV skin. I guess I will start with that.

Brian

sorry but u have to wait alittle. The svn repository crashed. have to rebuild and don't have time right now. Maybe in the weekend

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 am

lar282 wrote:
Cabinetguy wrote:I thought this might be the case.
Oh well, I have been wanting to make changes to my skin anyway. I've been wanting to include elements of the Black glass skin into my xlobby skin as well as MPTV skin. I guess I will start with that.

Brian

sorry but u have to wait alittle. The svn repository crashed. have to rebuild and don't have time right now. Maybe in the weekend

//Lasse

They will release RC2 soon, and I think its best to wait for that. I restructured everything now so....
Same skin as they use, no mods needed
Only 3 files change, no need for me to upload setup files.
More secure when tv on fails. now it doesn't hang.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:50 am

First post updated with RC2.
Readme file inside zip file

Install clean fresh RC2 from mediaportals homepage. get tv up and running THEN follow the instructions in the txt file.
2 skins included, don't forget to change to one of them otherwise u wont have a button in mp to return to xl.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 am

I'm trying out this plugin again, but I'm running into two issues. One my TVserver file version is now different from my MP file version. This is what I have:

TVserver Version 1.0.6.0
MP version 1.0.6.25546
Consequently I can't start MP

The second issue I'm having is that I can't see the plugin .dll in my plugins list when I go into setup. Any idea as to why that may be?

*UPDATE*
Well I updated the MP version to 1.1 final...doing so made both MP and TV3 same version, but most likely your plugin won't integrate with it too well.

Still don't have the plugin show up in setup/plugin list of xlobby.

Also what happened to the mini viewer that was included with previous versions? Did you do away with that once and forall?

*UPDATE2*
I think I figured out the plugin issue...it would help if I setup the xMPTv.xml first. I did this on a test machine and it seems to appear fine now when checking out Setup/plugins. Now to retry this officially on the HTPC with MP installed.

I will go for broke and see if MP v1.1 final will work or not. Doesn't hurt to try it anyways...but in the least, does anyone still have RC2 kicking around?
Marbles_00

BY-GOLLY, ITS WORKING!!

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:13 am

The plugin so far is working with MP 1.1 Final. Though I do notice that MP, when loading, opens a small red box, indicating that the skin is not the most current and could cause issue, but it loads. I haven't setup all the controls that the plugin offers, but I have created the basic events to open/close MP, to toggle fullscreen, navigate around MP, and perform some other minute tasks. These are added to the xRemote configuration so I can control MP via xlobby by remote control.

My skin, along with MP's StreamedMP skin for TV...NICE!!

TV Module Option 2 is nearing completion already. :D

Thanks Lasse for a nice plugin. I've never really gave this one a chance until now. Not because of any work you have done, but because MP has never been stable enough for me. But this is a great plugin.

*UPDATE*
After some further testing, it appears that a few functions of the plugin may not be working anymore. The ones I've noticed that are giving me a problem right now are the "Close MP", Shutdown TV and close mp from within mp. So the only way to exit right now is to go through the main menu of MP (or however it is to exit depending on the skin used).
Marbles_00

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi Lasse,

I had a hard drive crash and lost the last the version of mediaportal that was fully functional with your plugin. Would it be possible for you to post a version to work with the latest MP?

Thanks,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Cabinetguy wrote:Hi Lasse,

I had a hard drive crash and lost the last the version of mediaportal that was fully functional with your plugin. Would it be possible for you to post a version to work with the latest MP?

Thanks,
Brian

I looked and I haven't touched it since April this year. I think that's the version I am running but not sure. Clumsy of me I know. Plus I lost the password for the ftp server on xlobby so I can't upload what I got. -:(
Mayby Steven will read this and mail me a new password -:)

Anyway I check my source files and see if I can upgrade and compile and through something your way.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Thank you, that would be great !
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Cabinetguy wrote:Thank you, that would be great !

I actually think the latest one is on the front page.

try it and if u run into trouble mail me at lasse10@telia.com and I'll try to help u or take over using logmein

http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv ... 100415.zip

If u need 1.1.0 real mediaportal then its here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediapo ... e/download

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Lasse,

I am going to be releasing a xStreamed TV module based on the xMPTV plugin and using the RC1.1 build of MP. I was wondering if it would bother you if I included your most recent build in with the module.

It's been working great, but one feature (though maybe it is there, I just can't think of it right now) which would be nice is if xlobby could display a button to indicate that MP is recording, and not just a text statement. Besides that minute request, I love this plugin, and it is working flawlessly for how I'm using it.
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Lasse,

I am going to be releasing a xStreamed TV module based on the xMPTV plugin and using the RC1.1 build of MP. I was wondering if it would bother you if I included your most recent build in with the module.

It's been working great, but one feature (though maybe it is there, I just can't think of it right now) which would be nice is if xlobby could display a button to indicate that MP is recording, and not just a text statement. Besides that minute request, I love this plugin, and it is working flawlessly for how I'm using it.

Latest one is on the first page. That's the one I'm using. I built it just before MP went to 1.1.2 Release.
When u say button do u mean like a green or red image?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Yes an image file. I only see the Rec status statement...is there an image as well? I ask as I'm using the StreamMP skin in MP and they use a red dot where their clock symbol (upper left corner) when MP is recording. I think they even use a different color if there is a schedule recording, but I don't recall.

I tried to show how it looks in the image below
Attachments
recordingstatus.PNG
recordingstatus.PNG (68.52 KiB) Viewed 29395 times
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:23 am

I've never done an image file before, only text, but I can try to add it. Gotta find a plugin that uses it so I can rip that code. Steal with pride -:)
Do u know of any plugins that uses image for status?
//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:55 am

The only one that comes to mind right now is the xWOL plugin: http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5676

The image will change depending on the status of the network computer.

*UPDATE*
I noticed that Defrag doesn't include his source code. You may have to email him on details of how he was able to make the image change.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:34 am

Las,

What would be a reason for the xMPTV_V3.dll plugin NOT to show in the plugins list? I just installed this all on a second machine, everything seems to be the same as the HTPC (working). MediaPortal is installed, and the plugin is there, TVServer is installed and the Xlobby plugin is checked there as well. The xMPTV dll is in the xlobby/plugins directory, and all the rest of the supporting files are in xlobby root, but the plugin won't show up in the list...consequently, I can't run commands and interface with MP.

I'm most likely doing something silly, just need a kick.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext