Stop blanking my secondary monitor

Help each other out

Stop blanking my secondary monitor

Postby Axalotaqs on Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Since the first pre-release or so, Xlobby has been blanking my secondary monitor. This is quite a problem for me as I often work on the secondary monitor while Xlobby is loaded. I often need to close Xlobby to get my secondary monitor (but my 4 yr old doesn't like me to shut it down).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave the secondary monitor alone or at least allow me to control what behavior Xlobby exerts on that monitor. With each update I am hoping for a resolution to this problem but still nothing. This is my greatest concern with Xlobby right now and I won't end up paying for the program if it always hijacks my other monitor.

Let me know if there is some way to disable this in the current version... maybe I am missing something... frustrated here.
Axalotaqs

Re: Stop blanking my secondary monitor

Postby jowaldo on Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:32 pm

I moved this to the support section...
jowaldo

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 am

you know of course you can set which monitor xLobby uses for movies. If you set this to the same monitor that xlobby is on, it won't blank the other monitor. I haven't seen a way to not have it blank the other monitor when that's the one you want to watch movies on, however.
cmhardwick

Postby Axalotaqs on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 am

cmhardwick wrote:you know of course you can set which monitor xLobby uses for movies. If you set this to the same monitor that xlobby is on, it won't blank the other monitor. I haven't seen a way to not have it blank the other monitor when that's the one you want to watch movies on, however.

Yep I know that. Both Xlobby and movies play on the secondary monitor, actually. Xlobby loads and runs nicely on the secondary monitor and movies play nicely there as well. Why Xlobby does *anything* with the primary monitor I don't understand. Prior to the "pre-releases" it never did a thing to the primary. I keep figuring that one of these releases this will be fixed but it remains.

To the programmer: Welcome to the CEDIA expo... my wife works across the street and I was wishing it were open to the public. Oh well. Enjoy your stay in Denver!
Axalotaqs

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm

In that case, try setting the flag to not "start full screen". This is how mine is setup and when I start XLobby, the primary monitor is not blanked. I'll play with it a little tonight to test some more. Mine is only blanked if I have it set to use the primary monitor for video.
cmhardwick

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:37 pm

My setup:
Monitor 1 (0 to xlobby) Desktop, "primary" monitor
monitor 2 (1 to xlobby) Xlobby, movies, etc.

Settings:
display -
MultiMonitor set to 1 (display 2)
MultiMonitor video playback (Select which players to show on 2nd monitor) NONE CHECKED. This is mislabeled because 2nd monitor, to xLobby, is the one it's not on. My primary monitor does not go black.

Try that and see if it helps.
cmhardwick