Two Screens and one skin...or what?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Two Screens and one skin...or what?

Postby mejsel on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:25 am

I have experimented for a while with Xlobby and think the concept is great. However, I have a dilemma that I do not know how to solve.

1 21" LCD screen for general use
1 LCD Projector for movies and picture viewing
1 Media PC to control both

The media PC that uses a standard graphics card output to both screens and then this is connected to a media server via LAN.

How can I switch between the Projector (1280 x 720) and TV (800 x 600) and how can I handle the different resolutions?

I plan to use a remote control to control xlobby.

Thanks[/b]
mejsel

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:32 pm

What video card are you running now and how do you have it set up? Does the same desktop appear on both screens or are you running an extended desktop? There are video cards available that will allow you to set up an extended desktop across multiple monitor/projectors with different resolutions to each output. I am running an Nvidia card with dual outs feeding the Xlobby interface in an 800x600 format to my 10 inch touchscreen and sending movies and music viz to my projector at 1280 x 720. Is this what you are trying to do or do you want xlobby to swap back and forth between the two screens and resolutions? I can tell you now that Xlobby does not like having its resolution changed and has a tendancy to lose font formating and object sizings.
BaddaBing

Postby mejsel on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:04 pm

BaddaBing, Thanks for the answer!

I use an older TNT Ultra card for my MediaPC and this card does not seem to handle two screens with different resolutions two well.

I would not mind for the same desktop to appear on both screens or to switch inbetween. The idea is for the MediaPC to boot into xlobby and then from there either switch on tv or projector depending on what action I want. I guess the best would be to have two different resolutions on either screen, but as said this does not seem to work.
mejsel

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:42 pm

Rather than two resolutions stick to one. Hit F2 to bring up the Xlobby Setup screen. Go to Skins tab. Down at the bottom right there is a list box titled PRESETS. Select the 800x600 resolution and hit the RESTART button. This will size Xlobby to 800x600 regardless of screen resolution. It will be windowed on your LCD monitor and fullscreen size on your projector but it wont screw up any skin settings when you switch back and forth.
BaddaBing