How exactly do you add a plug-in?

Xlobby plugin development

How exactly do you add a plug-in?

Postby beingblueeyes on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:14 pm

I’m new to the forum and also xlobby and I have been looking and searching on here as to how you install a plug in? i know it sounds stupid but I just can’t figure it out I’ve downloaded the plug in (xstats) unzipped both files in to the plug in folder in xlobby. Than I ran xlobby and checked that the plug in was loaded via F2 and it was and that’s were I get lost, I have no idea what comes next. I know it has something to do with this command

"plugin>xstats>drive>1,2>Drive,Description,MediaType,VolumeName%"

But I have no idea where to put it. Any help would be much appreciated
-blue
beingblueeyes

Re: How exactly do you add a plug-in?

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Hey...Don't I know you from somewhere else? :wink:

You got the right idea, in that you must unzip/install plugins into the plugin folder. Now you need to set your skin up to use the plugin. Depending on the plugin, you will either need to setup events (F2/Events) then tie them to some entity in the skin, or setup text commands (Skin Edit (Pause/Break key)/Add text (under the skin tab)), or do both. I don't remember xstats all that well, but it mostly is a statistic viewer for your system, so it will be a bunch of text fields. Just know that on some systems, it seemed to drive the CPU usage to 100%.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Start with xClock and build up your plugin confidence from there... xstats might be a shortcut leading to plugin phobia :lol:

Dr. Bear
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby beingblueeyes on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:41 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Start with xClock and build up your plugin confidence from there... xstats might be a shortcut leading to plugin phobia :lol:

Dr. Bear

xclock was easy to do alls i needed to to is copy the command from the plug in page to the text block for the clock that came with xlobby....maybe xstats is a little to advanced for a 2ed try

Marbles_00 wrote:Hey...Don't I know you from somewhere else? :wink:

you know me Marbles_00, im all about showing up at places i know nothing about :wink:
beingblueeyes

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:24 am

you know me Marbles_00, im all about showing up at places i know nothing about

Yeah, at least this program is a lot more enjoyable to learn.
Marbles_00