Event Variable Document

xlobby docs (works in progress)

Event Variable Document

Postby Colby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:13 am

I updated my event variable document today. It is still a work in progress, but hopefully you all will find it useful, I do. There is a lot of information Here.

If you find that I am missing some events or variables please let me know. I did not make an attempt to add all plugins, only some of them. I would like plugin developers to send me their variables if they want them included. (preferably a word table)

"If you wanna know how little you know about Xlobby, write an event/variable document" :)
Colby

Postby MFan on Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:11 am

Colby,

Thank you for preparing this guide. It will be very helpful to me.

Don
MFan

Postby SteveK on Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:03 am

Thanks Colby! You're the man!
SteveK

Re: Event Variable Document

Postby JPRosiak on Mon May 30, 2005 3:31 am

Colby wrote:I updated my event variable document today. It is still a work in progress, but hopefully you all will find it useful, I do.

Maybe I am just not getting where to set the variable and the syntax for it.

Here is what I want to do:
When I select the DVD button, I would like my text box to read DVD and when I press my TV button, I would like the same text box to read TV.

2 questions:
    Where is the variable assigned in xlobby? (i.e. Skinn editor or Setup and which tab)
    What is an example of the syntax to call that variable?
JPRosiak

Postby Colby on Mon May 30, 2005 1:16 pm

Joe I am a little unclear as to what you mean.

Here is what I want to do:
When I select the DVD button,

What dvd button? A button on the main page to take you to dvds page or something else?
I would like my text box to read DVD
What textbox? A textbox that says dvd, meaning the page youre on? Or the buttons lable text?
and when I press my TV button, I would like the same text box to read TV
What tv button? Why would a textbox need to change on a press? Are your two buttons changing the category on a single page? I admit I am a bit confused.

For a rollover you can use show/hide to show you these textboxes. A variable to display the page, dbname, or category youre on could be used. You would set these up in the skin editor.
Colby

More info

Postby JPRosiak on Mon May 30, 2005 2:43 pm

On my main page, I created 2 buttons and a text box:
    DVD (button)
    TV (button)
    (a blank text box)

When I click on DVD, I would like to have the textbox update with a value of DVD and when I select TV I would like it to change to TV.

I think I am making this more confusing than I have to. All I really need to have is an example of a user defined variable and the area/syntax it is set/called with. I know the dosument shows an example of this, but I am not clear as to where to set it.

Here is an example of what I am setting and where:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jprosiak@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/e898&.src=ph&.tok=phGzcEDBn99ks40H
JPRosiak

Postby Colby on Tue May 31, 2005 2:40 am

did you try
variable>DeviceName?
Colby

Postby JPRosiak on Tue May 31, 2005 3:02 am

Colby wrote:did you try
variable>DeviceName?

actually no. I was not sure what I had to put ni front of the ">". I will give it a shot. THANKS!!
JPRosiak

Event Variable Document Updated

Postby Colby on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:26 pm

I updated my event / variable document today. No major changes. I added Xweather plugin variables, eq variables, and some new event definitions.
Colby