kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:36 pm

Question, what version of XPert should I be using? I've tried your .91 (beta) and the one linked to the XPert thread. PervHub "About" window indicates to use XPert 1.0. The PervHub version I'm using is .91 as well. Is this correct, or do I have some incorrect version numbers?
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:38 pm

scottw wrote:I assume this is still in Alpha stage right. If so, and if you need more, I would like to be a tester. I have a real need for this now.

Yeah still is in alpha... and prolly is still going to stay so for quite a while... theres still lot of fixes & additions on my mind and lot of stuff to be tested. So it certainly wont harm to have more testers. Ill try to force my lazyself to write and mail u instructions how to access the files still later today.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Question, what version of XPert should I be using? I've tried your .91 (beta) and the one linked to the XPert thread. PervHub "About" window indicates to use XPert 1.0. The PervHub version I'm using is .91 as well. Is this correct, or do I have some incorrect version numbers?

It is actually very good question. Still yesterday i would have said to u to try with .91 first. But since i think i pretty much solved the probs Scalt was having, allthough he didnt confirm it yet, u might as well go directly to .92

However chronological nature of documentation might suggest that it could be easier first try with .91 and then make changes required for .92

And yes there are some inconcistency with versioning there is actually more than one of each .91 and .92 out there... But PervHub about window is only mentioning protocol version of PervTalk (the protocol) which on all implementations sofar is 1.0
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Okay, I learned that XPert does not like pervtalk as a directory...but wants to see PervTalk. So now it is indicating that it's online.

I still get a "Does Not Compute" error in my text window when trying to show the bars. Here is my text variable:
Code: Select all
plugin>xPerT>Variable>Aux_Front>kX driver>Aux_Front bar

And I used Aux_Front as the default ID. This is all based on the default.ini file that was defined earlier.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:58 pm

Hmmm that seems to be alright...

using xPerT version .91 i suppose?

also do u launch kXd manually? or have autorun.ini to bring it up and if that is the case what does it contain?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Bear,

I'm having some sporadic crashes with pervhub using the autorun.ini.

You think you could send me your versions of kXd.exe, pervhub.exe and pervtalk.dll that are all working together?

Thanks
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Theyre same files that r available on the server, there has been no changes to pervhub or kXd for ages. xPerT.dll is something i made a few changes today.... but ill release it later this week.

I havent really tried to have pervhub running for longer time... but mine has crashed from time to time... so prolly is just as unstable...

So did u get other problems fixed?

and has it been crashing before or is this due to new version of xPertT?

and does automatic recovery work?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 pm

Well pervhub was crashing whenever I would launch it. I think I fixed it by renaming the PervWare directory to pervware (lower case).

Also, I've been able to see the volume bars when launching everything automatically after waiting for a while once xlobby is running.

I'd like to get the latest versions...but the last IP I had for your server isn't valid anymore... :(
scalt

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:55 pm

scalt wrote:Well pervhub was crashing whenever I would launch it. I think I fixed it by renaming the PervWare directory to pervware (lower case).

Also, I've been able to see the volume bars when launching everything automatically after waiting for a while once xlobby is running.

I'd like to get the latest versions...but the last IP I had for your server isn't valid anymore... :(

One fix i made to xPert today is that pairing happens pretty much at the moment xlobby is fully loaded so no more waiting... but i will make some other improvements before putting it on server.

I posted a pic on Rikas fishing thread, so u can check the IP from there :)
Allthought i think u are running newest available of each file...

What about bars, are they clickable, did u manage to fix that one too?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:15 pm

I can't seem to get the bars to become clickable as an overlay.

My screen name is "kxmixer" and I tried using both a "show overlay" and "show global overlay" with "kxmixer" as a parameter and nothing works :(
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:16 pm

This is rather frustrating. I was able to load everything, but now again when I start Xlobby, XperT responds that it is offline. This is being used on a WinXp SP2 machine. When I load Xlobby on my test machine that has Win2K SP4, I don't have any problems. XPert responds that it is online.

Both cases will load PervHub, and they both respond with Does Not Compute in the bar text box. I can understand the Win2k machine with that message as I don't even have the KXDrivers installed on that machine.

Is there a setup parameter in WinXP that needs to be done in order for XPert to work? When I first corrected the casing of the PervWare directory, XPert was trying hard to load PervHub, it gave a warning in WinXP enviroment. I just told it to load PervHub and not ask again.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:33 pm

scalt wrote:I can't seem to get the bars to become clickable as an overlay.

My screen name is "kxmixer" and I tried using both a "show overlay" and "show global overlay" with "kxmixer" as a parameter and nothing works :(

I guess ill need to put my newest xPerT.dll available for u, some of changes might have changed this behavior...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:58 pm

Just tell me when it's there (and where to get it from if it's different then the other version)

Thanks!
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:22 am

Okay, I may have been a little premature in saying that the character case made a difference. I found that when pervhub was already running on the XP machine...XPert was online. If XPert has to fire up pervhub, then XPert will respond that it is offline. I do the same thing on my Win2k machine, and XPert will always start fine, load pervhub and report that it is online. Now some differences:

1) Operating systems where the partially working versions are on a WinXP with SP2. The test system is a Win2k with SP4 OS.

2) Computers where the partially working version is a P4 1.7Gig with SATA drive and 512M RAM. The working computer P3 733 with IDE drive and 396M RAM.

I know you don't see it on your computer...and it is most likely much quicker than my music server...but could my problem have something to do with timing?

Both computers though for bar display, respond with "Does Not Compute". My autorun.ini is the following:
Code: Select all
kXd Card1 card1 0

As I only have the one card installed. The default.ini is the same as listed above. Versions are 0.91 of everything.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:39 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Okay, I may have been a little premature in saying that the character case made a difference. I found that when pervhub was already running on the XP machine...XPert was online. If XPert has to fire up pervhub, then XPert will respond that it is offline.

Interesting find... i need to investigate this cause it sounds like abug.

It has never been tested on any other OS than XP, so u better first make it work with your operational system.
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext