xTopPicks v1.6

Xlobby plugin development

Re: xTopPicks v1.4

Postby defrag on Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:27 pm

scottw wrote:AHHHHH I feel so stupid I wasn't doing the Category:Refresh :oops: :oops: :oops:

It works great and you don't need the ID in the category, for me atleast.

AWESOME work....thanks

No worries mate - just glad it works for you

scottw wrote:This is all fine but I think my wife will get confused as to what to do when she gets the first screen with a blank button. You could call it anything like xTopPicks or Click Me or you could have it configurable in the setup.
If this is too much it is not a problem and will work fine just the way it is...just let me know.

Ah the wife factor - that always ups the importance factor!!!

Easy option I'll allow you to add your own name....

Gimme a few days though real work is nagging...
defrag

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:07 pm

defrag wrote:Ah the wife factor - that always ups the importance factor!!!

Speak only for yourself there mate :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scottw on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

defrag wrote:Easy option I'll allow you to add your own name....

Gimme a few days though real work is nagging...

Dude your ALRIGHT!!!!

Take your time..I understand about the work thing.

Ah the wife factor - that always ups the importance factor!!!

Yeah if I don't keep her happy with this she will take all of my toys away :lol: :lol:
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Defrag,

Just to let you know everything is working great and there is no rush to add the naming of the "folder" that I asked you about, I found a workaround that takes me directly into the list of songs instead of showing me the folder at first.

I also set up everything using xSend like Marbles suggested and it works great. Just an FYI, doing the regular refresh does work thru the thin client (haven't tried a fat client yet) but does not update the server, just what is shown on the thin client. So what I do is run an xsend using the arguments of: "command:xlobby:run event:music:refresh xtoppicks" "8002" "192.168.1.4" which runs an event that does the refresh and the cat:refresh. This updates the server which filters down to the thin client.
My thin client is being run on the same box as the server but I don't think it matters, it should work either way but I will test it on my PPC later just make sure.

Funny thing...I was working on all of this 2 nights ago and did not finish fixing everything and my wife stays home from work yesterday and could not get it to work right (because I was not done yet). She was pi$$ed..."This thing never works for me". The one time she is home all day and wants to use it...I broke it....I can't win :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your hard work on this!!!!!

Can't wait for the multi-filter...but take your time. I don't want you burning out and not making any more plugins :lol:
scottw

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:29 pm

She was pi$$ed..."This thing never works for me".

Our "better halves" must have been bread from the same bloodline :lol: . Must share the same gene pool.

Thing is, it is rubbing off on my oldest. The other day she asked about this computer box I had leaning against the wall. "Daddy, what is that for"..."Well dear that is going to be a computer that will connect to the big TV screen...it's going to be a Home Theater PC"..."Oh Daddy...not another computer." :shock: I'm in a no win situation. I'm holding out now on my youngest. :wink:

Oh, and I'm glad you got the XSend commands to work. I love XSend. Now I've been able to change zone (source for me) control using next/previous zone commands, and set zone (source) command. I've also set up Mirage to control the currently controlled sources winamp volume. I just wish you could define the XReceive variable more to accept/display specific commands. Right now plugin>XReceive>received is way to generic and displays absolutely everything. I have to play around more with the plugin event....who know maybe it can be done.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Keep us informed!!! I never realized how powerful xSend/xReceive was.

Our "better halves" must have been bread from the same bloodline :lol: . Must share the same gene pool.

I get the same exact thing :lol: :lol:
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:14 am

Defrag,

Not rushing you or anything but just wondering if you had a chance to look at the multi-filter yet.

I know you are busy with "real work" but was just curious.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby defrag on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Believe me it's on my list of "important" jobs... Soon... very soon....
defrag

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks!!!!
scottw

Re: xTopPicks v1.5

Postby defrag on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:00 pm

OK v1.5 is out!!!! Grab it on the first post of this thread.

This will allow you to create as many sort databases from the same base category database as you want. How? Well when you pick your category from the top drop down you can now save it with a different name - simple really!!!

IMPORTANT:
There has been a slight change to the xtoppicks.xml config file that saves your data in the xtoppicks folder in the plugins directory. You have 2 choices, you can delete it and start again, or you can add the following to each category element....
I now save the base category name in an element clevely called <base/> so all you need to do is open the xml file and add after the <name/> element type <base>[the text inside the name element]</base>. As an example...

before:
Code: Select all
<category>
   <name>tv</name>
   <field>(i)date</field>
   <sort>0</sort>
   <direction>1</direction>
   <count>10</count>
   <changed>10/02/2008 09:11:05</changed>
   <isinfo>True</isinfo>
   <useparent>True</useparent>
   <wrapper>False</wrapper>
</category>

After:
Code: Select all
<category>
   <name>tv</name>
   <base>tv</base>
   <field>(i)date</field>
   <sort>0</sort>
   <direction>1</direction>
   <count>10</count>
   <changed>10/02/2008 09:11:05</changed>
   <isinfo>True</isinfo>
   <useparent>True</useparent>
   <wrapper>False</wrapper>
</category>

You will then be able to use your existing sorts.

If you edit an existing one and do not change the name, it will overwrite. If you change the name it will create a new one. All names are still prefixed by "xtoppick-".

Scott, hope this is what you were after... let me know how you get on.
defrag

Postby scottw on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 am

Great work Defrag!!!!

I tested real quick and it works with multiple filters!!! I had a bit of a weird bug but may have been me. I added a second filter on my music DB to show the most played songs, using the played.count tag from xMusic, which contains a number anywhere from 1 to whatever. Sorting 0-9 is fine but if one songs contains say 10 it seems to only read the first digit. If I make one 71 it is shown between 7 and 8. I did not have alot of time to test and plan to check it out tomorrow, weird thing is it seems to sort fine on my first filter of the music DB.

I will let you know more tomorrow.

Again great work!!!!
scottw

Postby scottw on Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:25 pm

scottw wrote:Great work Defrag!!!!

I tested real quick and it works with multiple filters!!! I had a bit of a weird bug but may have been me. I added a second filter on my music DB to show the most played songs, using the played.count tag from xMusic, which contains a number anywhere from 1 to whatever. Sorting 0-9 is fine but if one songs contains say 10 it seems to only read the first digit. If I make one 71 it is shown between 7 and 8. I did not have alot of time to test and plan to check it out tomorrow, weird thing is it seems to sort fine on my first filter of the music DB.

I will let you know more tomorrow.

Again great work!!!!

ok did some more testing and can confirm the problem. I have it sorting "Numerical" and "Descending". I have one entry as 999 and another as 1021, the 999 gets treated as the higher value because of the first number '9". If I change it to 1021 and 0999 it sorts fine.

Does that make sense???
scottw

Postby defrag on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 pm

odd one - I'll take a peek
defrag

Re: xTopPicks v1.5 innitial trouble

Postby alamata on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 am

hey

i m a little :oops: :oops:

i write this post because i have some trouble with xTopPicks...

i have donwload the .rar and put the dll into the pugins folder of the xlobby installation folder
in the F2 i see the plug and its status in loaded

but when i click on the configure button the dialog box doesnt appears

i have the lastest free version
i think it is the february 2007 version...

have i made something wrong...??

thanks for your comprehension
alamata

Postby scottw on Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am

No need to be embarrassed!!!!!

The one thing I can think of is mine is in a folder called xTopPicks in the plugins folder, is yours?
scottw

PreviousNext