Grabbing cover art with WM9?

Speak your mind

Grabbing cover art with WM9?

Postby Dosperado on Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:51 am

I'm just a noob, so sorry if this is common knowledge, or just plain wrong, but I spent some time last night grabbing cover art for 40 or so albums I had already burned, and my searches here mentioned the one by one built in feature, or gotcha covered. Anyway, I stuck with Xlobby's and it worked fine.

So today I decided to rip the remainder of my cd's to WMA lossless, and Windows MP 9 seemed the easiest, so I started popping them in (love the WMP auto start/ auto eject, keeps things flying) and I noticed that all the abum art was being downloaded by WMP9, and placed in the folder with the audio files. I haven't tried incorporating these into Xlobby, but it seems like it's the same type I was grabbing one at a time from Amazon, except no work required whatsoever on my part. These .jpgs are hidden by default, so I had to turn them on, but I thought it was worth mentioning, just in case...

Thanks again for the primo app!
Dosperado

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:02 am

I've notice this as well- but i hate it. Alot of the times for cds I have it'll download really really bad quality artwork or both good and bad, but xlobby cant tell the difference and will pick the worse of the bunch. But I guess to each his own, gotcha covered rocks.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Dosperado on Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 am

Yeah you're right. In my case it's really just for the ppc screen, so whatever it takes to populate them for the time being. I think you can disable this in wmp9.
I ripped 70 disks tonight to .wma lossless, but I'm starting to wonder if it's supported by Winamp? I can't seem to get it playing with these, but I read Winamp 5 handles it?
Dosperado

Postby Dosperado on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:36 pm

Dosperado wrote:I ripped 70 disks tonight to .wma lossless, but I'm starting to wonder if it's supported by Winamp? I can't seem to get it playing with these, but I read Winamp 5 handles it?

A quick tweak to the input plugins to remove the Microsodt wma plugin and add WMA to the list of file extensions for Nullsoft Directshow decoder, and WMA lossless works fine for me now in WinAmp 2.91, and I've read the same tweak fixes it in 5, in case anyone comes looking with the same question.
Dosperado

Postby noviceboy on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:59 am

I use Winamp5 with WMA (compressed) without any problems. I also originally ripped them with WMP9. Cover art from Msoft sourced library is not high res enough for xlobby. I used the spiders in the Exp versions.
noviceboy

Postby Dosperado on Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:00 pm

noviceboy wrote:I use Winamp5 with WMA (compressed) without any problems. I also originally ripped them with WMP9. Cover art from Msoft sourced library is not high res enough for xlobby. I used the spiders in the Exp versions.

The regular wma plugin works fine in 2 and 5 playing standard compressed .wma files, but not with lossless .wma
Dosperado