Xap

Xlobby plugin development

Xap

Postby vicom on Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:41 pm

I see there is a version 4.6.5 of Xap-Xlobby... pity i can't read French. Can please someone from the French team post info about this new version
vicom

Re: Xap

Postby C-moi on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:04 pm

You can download it here
http://www.xlobby-france.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2810
ptrinchi has done a great work with this plugin ! It will be hard to help you : i'm a beginner with domotics ! try it !
C-moi

Postby vicom on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanx i downloaded it
Can this new version display icons for on and off states?
If so how ?
vicom

Postby CouchPotatoe on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 am

Yes you can display a different icon for ON and OFF as well as sliders for xAP level based devices and also any textual/numerical values you wish to have displayed. In fact you can display any number of different icons based on any changing xAP parameter value. The key is naming the icon to match the value. I use this for my C-Bus lighting control, weather sensors, Caller ID display as well as drawing a realtime updated graph of my electricity consumption over both the past 24 hours and the last 60 seconds.

If you haven't got this working yet let me know and I'll try and post some instructions in English. You can also use BabelFish or Google translate against the French forum pages / instructions.

The updated plugin that has been posted is really nice and I am in the process of writing some English instructions for its usage. It is a much improved version over the previous one and very flexible in terms of supporting not just xAP BSC devices but now all xAP schema, and mapping all xAP parameters to xLobby variables. Pierre has one final bit to add before the plugin is complete and I will post some UK documentation to accompany the release at that time. Unfortunately I think work has claimed his time for the last few weeks but I'm hopeful it will appear very soon. In the meantime the latest posted version is very useable and I'll help where I can....

Cheers K
CouchPotatoe

Postby vicom on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:18 am

I managed to get Babelfish to translate some of the French document... Got the sliders to work but the status images crash XL (the usual red cross) :-(
vicom

Postby C-moi on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:09 am

Got the sliders to work but the status images crash XL (the usual red cross)

i think there is a little error in the syntax
plugin>xap-Xlobby>state>

try this
plugin>xap-xlobby>state>

all characters in minus : change directly the code in the screen in .xml format
C-moi

Postby vicom on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:47 am

Cmoi its the
Code: Select all
plugin>xap-xlobby>image>xxxxxxx

thats crashing XL. When I create textbox with the code above it displays the image briefly (1sec) then crashes XL.
Error message : System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
vicom

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:44 am

vicom, you have to verify the entier screen that make crash to ensure that all calls to the plugin are made with name in lower case.

Try to open the XML file associated to the screen with notepad for example. Then you have to insure that all the xap-xlobby text are in lower case.
ptrinchi

Postby vicom on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Ptrinchi,

I converted everything to lowercase on the xml.... :D works like a charm!!!!
Thanx for a great plugin...
I didn't know that the plugin was case sensitive.
vicom

Postby ptrinchi on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Happy to see that all work fine :D
ptrinchi