DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Russell on Fri May 25, 2007 4:09 am

I can't seem to get any coverart.

Nevermind ..

You might want to work on this as dvdprofiler 2.x is no more and I think Steve said he was adding support to the new ("pay") version of Xlobby.
Russell

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri May 25, 2007 2:58 pm

I for one would really like to see this plugin make a comeback...

EDIT: BTW my build seems to be 1.0.2607.29981
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Postby Russell on Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm

The new version does import the 3.0 movie database. I just used it to get the database loaded and then I guess I'll use this utility to update it.

Hey Jovial_mood are you working on it?? :lol: Why not add support to search local/network drives to update the parameters..
Russell

Postby NebrGuy on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:21 pm

Sorry if I'm just being slow. I've been waiting to see what XL morphs into and decided this weekend to give the latest version a try. I've been reading some of the posts on issues surrounding DVD Profiler 3.x. If I'm reading this thread correctly it should download into the current time-limited version of XL. I am getting some of the data (movie name, descrip, runtime year, rating, and genre), but I am not getting the coverart.

Can someone tell me what I need to change in order to get the coverart, if it in fact can be imported into XL now.
NebrGuy

Postby jovial_mood on Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:01 pm

Ok, here is a new version of the utility:

DXC v2.0 RC1
http://user.bahnhof.se/~engstrom/files/dxc/dxc2_070610_rc1.rar (57k)

This new utility is now solely for converting DVD Profiler v3.x data (exported XML file) to an Xlobby compatible database (XML). There are no comparing to existing Xlobby databases and therefore no preserving of data whatsoever. Just select a compatible input file, a path/name for the output file and the information you want converted.

Any options are done by request as I don't like implementing functions not used. :)

Russel,
Why not add support to search local/network drives to update the parameters..

You might want to expound your views on that as I don't get exactly what you want it to to.
jovial_mood

Postby Russell on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:20 pm

jovial_mood wrote:Ok, here is a new version of the utility:

Russel,

You might want to expound your views on that as I don't get exactly what you want it to to.

Basically, it just was a way to populate the parameter field (movie location). What happens is if the utilty doesn't perserve data then every time it runs you (user) have to update the movie location and the online/offline check each time. I have ~500 movies and it takes some time to update that. It was just a question/request (trust me not a demand) to see if it could search whatever paths I specify have my movies and then compare maybe the folder name to the title and if it matches then populate the parameter with the movie location and then uncheck the offline box. just something to think about. I've written mostly embedded code so I have ideas on how to handle such operations, its the visual side I haven't touched yet (if its C).

edit. I forgot to add it does work in the new expiring version. But it is not known yet of a price. How much am I willing to pay just to add this feature??
Russell

Postby jovial_mood on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:39 pm

It sounds like a good idea. I'll take a look at it.
jovial_mood

Postby cooldog on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:08 pm

Jovial,

Where'd it go??? The link doesn't work for me.

Best regards,
Paul

jovial_mood wrote:Ok, here is a new version of the utility:

DXC v2.0 RC1
http://user.bahnhof.se/~engstrom/files/dxc/dxc2_070610_rc1.rar (57k)

This new utility is now solely for converting DVD Profiler v3.x data (exported XML file) to an Xlobby compatible database (XML). There are no comparing to existing Xlobby databases and therefore no preserving of data whatsoever. Just select a compatible input file, a path/name for the output file and the information you want converted.

Any options are done by request as I don't like implementing functions not used. :)

Russel,

cooldog

Postby jovial_mood on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:42 pm

cooldog,

I'm having some problems with my ISP. The latest version can temporary be downloaded from http://www.trumman.com/dxc/dxc2_070610_rc1.rar.

I'm still working on the online movie search function. :oops:
jovial_mood

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:16 pm

Very nice utility...works very nice and easy.

What are you going to do with the search function? Not sure how that's going to work.
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:00 am

jovial_mood:

Wondering if it would be possible to create some way of creating a .bat that would allow the utility to run an update/refresh from within xLobby?
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:38 pm

byellin wrote:Hopefully, he will get around to supporting "sort title" as an output. I selected it from the list in setup, but it doesn't appear in the XML. So, all the movies that start with "The....."
are together. I might try sorting it in dvd profiler by sort title, and then renumbering the collection, as that seems to be the order it is exported in. I'll let you know how it goes....
jovial_mood: Do you think you could take a look at this? I have noticed the same thing.
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:56 pm

I would like to see it scan the movie directory and grab the images, but for now I can open pre-release (will we ever see FULL release??) and import then copy the xml to free-lobby.
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm

cmhardwick wrote:I would like to see it scan the movie directory and grab the images, but for now I can open pre-release (will we ever see FULL release??) and import then copy the xml to free-lobby.
cmhardwick: I saw your solution on one of the other threads, its also a great work around. I don't think there is any perfect solution for this right now. Thanks!!
sharp_1

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:13 am

so what is the actual difference between DVD Profiler 2 and 3 formats, tags? If that's the case, seem's like someone could scrabble together a quick "reformater" that xlobby would them be able to import as normal. I know there are programs that will export the 3.0 as a 2.0 file, but some wierd things happen to CR/LF during the translation and everything ends up as one long paragraph.
cmhardwick

PreviousNext