Most recent Jowaldo skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Most recent Jowaldo skin

Postby Arthur on Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:42 pm

Hello,

What is the most recent jowaldo skin? On the skin page there is beta3, but that post is dated 22 jul 2004, so I think a link to a more recent version has got lost during the crash of this site.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:49 pm

I haven't had much time lately to work on my skin, but here is a copy I just uploaded. Not too much has changed since the last release, but I did finish updating all the round buttons.

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/jowaldo.zip
jowaldo

nice skin!

Postby hungmeister on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:21 pm

I can't seem to get News to work using your skin. I tried XTuned, and the news screen came in fine.

I've tried reading around the forum, but not much mention of News support anywhere.

I've only stumbled upon Xlobby and your skin earlier this week, so pardon me if this is a trivial/newbie question.

-Hungmeister
hungmeister

Postby justonemore on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:44 pm

I would have to second this. Not sure how to get news to work properly. :cry:
justonemore

Postby jowaldo on Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:10 pm

Hey hungmeister! caught up with you on another board. I'm joel from the avsforum that you talked to me about that motorized screen ;)

No problem, I forgot to include the news db's in my skin.

Just unzip these into the databases folder then start up xlobby

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/news.zip
jowaldo

Postby justonemore on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:52 pm

ahhhhhhh. Much better
justonemore

hey!!!

Postby hungmeister on Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:39 am

Thanks for the news db update.

So you're the bad boy that's whippin up these skins! It's so cool to bump heads with you again. Thanks for all the help with the screen. As you can see, that project is behind me and I'm knee deep into HTPC tweaks now.

By the way, very nice job on the skins. I showed it to my wife last night, and she said "cool"... "why'd you spend all that time building up XP Media Center when you could have just used XLobby?" Of course it was more the look and feel of your skin she was raving about. So I've decided to go XLobby crazy and put it on my laptop, and two desktop computers in my home office.

With zoomplayer, my HTPC is truly a media center. We can stream anything from it to the other XLobby based clients. Suh-weet. :)

-Hungmeister
hungmeister

Postby jowaldo on Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:29 pm

Thanks for the complement. Always like to hear things like that, it motivates me to keep working on my skin.

Hope your setup works out good for you!
jowaldo

Postby E Jackson on Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:45 pm

I'm having a strange problem with your skin, Jowaldo. I've downloaded it several times, but it always hangs on loading images. I checked out some of the Xml files and noticed that some referred to JPG's and PNG's that didn't exist. Am I missing an initial download somewhere?

Thanks!
E Jackson

Postby jowaldo on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:22 pm

Nope... the link posted earlier in this thread is the latest version I have posted... I've heard of quite a few people having this problem, and updating the exe's to the latest or doing a fresh install and applying the same updates seems to fix it every time.
jowaldo

Postby E Jackson on Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:25 pm

jowaldo wrote:Nope... the link posted earlier in this thread is the latest version I have posted... I've heard of quite a few people having this problem, and updating the exe's to the latest or doing a fresh install and applying the same updates seems to fix it every time.

Thanks, I'll try that. So I reinstall 14 and 28 both?
E Jackson

Postby hungmeister on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:23 pm

Quick question, that may or may not be related to your skin (but I'm using your skin, and I don't know that much about the innards of XLobby so I ask here).

When I'm in the Music pages, is there a way that I will force a mouse click before the selection changes? Currently, a mouse-over will change the selection which makes for a tough user experience.

Thanks. -Hungmeister
hungmeister

Postby jowaldo on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:41 am

E Jackson wrote:
jowaldo wrote:Nope... the link posted earlier in this thread is the latest version I have posted... I've heard of quite a few people having this problem, and updating the exe's to the latest or doing a fresh install and applying the same updates seems to fix it every time.

Thanks, I'll try that. So I reinstall 14 and 28 both?

update it with the exe's found here:

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:43 am

hungmeister wrote:Quick question, that may or may not be related to your skin (but I'm using your skin, and I don't know that much about the innards of XLobby so I ask here).

When I'm in the Music pages, is there a way that I will force a mouse click before the selection changes? Currently, a mouse-over will change the selection which makes for a tough user experience.

Thanks. -Hungmeister

Not as of now... but I'm sure that will change soon, steven is working on the category display options (what controls that) and hopefully that will be an option, if not that will be a good feature request to have the option to do that or not.
jowaldo

Postby acemt01 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:47 pm

Jowaldo,

I am having problems with your newest skin that I am not having with any others. After I minimize your skin, when I maximize it again, all the button names are missing. I must restartxlobby to bring everything back to normal.. If I minimize again, same thing. Any ideas?

Mark
acemt01

Next