Help with Girder button press

Help each other out

Help with Girder button press

Postby novatel on Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:42 pm

All,

I am hoping to get some advice from all of you girder and Xlobby experts. I have created a DVD interface that I just love with Xlobby. What I would like to do is repeatedly press the next button until I tell it to stop. I am after a slideshow effect, but one that shows each DVD's info, one after the other. I though perhaps I could get girder on command to keep pressing the same button every 5 seconds until I send it a command to stop. HAs anyone ever gotten Girder to do something like that? The other question I have, is it possible to set up some kind of loop in Xlobby so that it will do the same thing.

Many thanks to all resposible for Xlobby, It is an awesome piece of software, one that I would gladly pay for by the way.

David Nowakowski
novatel

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:34 pm

thats a pretty good idea! You should be able to do this with the new xlobby command manager/ scheduler....but I will confirm it works when I get everything finished. You'll just have to wait until my next release (some time next week...friday or before)
stevenhanna6

Postby Hiller on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:40 am

I think I will look into this in the morning and see what I can do. It's a pretty good idea. Basically on the DVD info screens you just want it to scroll across? I don't think it should be too hard to do at all. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Steve
Hiller

slideshow et al

Postby novatel on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:40 am

That sounds pretty good Steven. I will keep an eye out for that release.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

David Nowakowski
novatel

Postby Hiller on Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:11 pm

Novatel,

I had a couple for minutes today so I whipped up a little girder group that I think accomplishes what you want. Basically, there is one button to start the show and one to stop. I will work a little to make one button start and stop it but that takes a little more to do. I don't know the best way to get it to you though. Maybe Steven can create a girder/plugins page or something on the website that people can upload stuff to but in the mean time I can either email it to you, DCC on IRC, or just explain exactly what I did. It's pretty easy when it's with two buttons.

Steve
Hiller

two button solution

Postby novatel on Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:53 am

Steve,

I sent you a pm with my e-mail address if you want to send me the gml file. On the other hand, you can just explain it here and I will try to recreate it. Then anyone else can benefit as well.

thanks for the assist,

David
novatel

Postby Hiller on Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:11 pm

David,

Sorry about that, I have been really busy at work and haven't been home very much this week. I'll try to send it to you tonight when I get home. Well, I promise that I will because I am going to be away for the weekend.

I'll explain what I did here though. All I did was have girder "press" the right arrow key for whatever app is in the foreground. This means that you can use this feature on whatever page you want if moving to the right is the functionality you want. It's pretty simple and when I have more time I will try to make it more robust but as I said...I've been busy.

When I send it all you have to do is create two buttons, one that sends 'startshow' and one that sends 'stopshow' to girder. If you don't know how to do this I can explain. I used the AlarmTimer plugin for the wait sequence since using the wait function stops girder from responding to anything. To change the delay time you will go into Group 1 and change the setting on the alarm timer plugin to whatever length you want.

Once I get it out to you let me know how it works for you. I don't know if it does exactly what you are looking for but hopefully it's a start.

Steve
Hiller

Re: Help with Girder button press

Postby dalanik on Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:42 pm

I'd implement that through XScriptNG plugin... you could set a script execute on a button, which is called each 5 seconds and does category>next or what's-it's-called... Then another key (or same one in different state) could just terminate the timer...

D.
dalanik