Launching BluRay Rips in TMT3

Help each other out

Launching BluRay Rips in TMT3

Postby Richard_P_Harvey on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I recently left Theater Tek in the dust and moved all my movie playback over to TMT3. I have standard DVD's launching from XL using the simple Windows file association of the "ifo" file extension. When it comes to the 45 BluRay rips I have it's a different story, I actually manually launch TMT3 and navigate to the rip folder to play. It would be far better if I could do this from inside XL, has anyone found a way to have XL launch TMT3 for both standard DVD's and BluRay rips.
Richard_P_Harvey

Re: Launching BluRay Rips in TMT3

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:13 am

What file type is the rip file in? Did you associate that file type in the File Types tab?
Marbles_00

Postby Richard_P_Harvey on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:What file type is the rip file in? Did you associate that file type in the File Types tab?

That's my confusion.....I'm using AnyDVD-HD to rip the BluRay's and it's not clear to me what resulting file would be used to "launch" from. You know how we use the .ifo file in standard DVD rips, what would be the BluRay rip equivalent..?
Richard_P_Harvey

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:37 pm

I think it's m2ts. If your sticking with the BluRay format, look in the "Streaming" directory. Usually the movie is 00000.m2ts...it is for sure the largest file there. If your converting to Matroska, well then it would be mkv.
Marbles_00

Postby Flagg on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:36 am

All these years later, and here I am having the same issue. I haven't posted in ages because frankly XLobby has been working fine for years, and I see the place died down and it looks like the paid version ceased development... anyway a year ago I invested in a Blu Ray drive but I rarely purchase any Blu Rays as with all the copy prevention junk involved with them, they're too much of a pain. The odd time I have bought one, I've just ripped the main movie. Game of Thrones I couldn't resist however, but being a series with more than one episode per disc, I needed menus intact.

TMT6 is still basically the only media player that will launch blu ray rips off a hard drive, with menu systems intact, without the rips needing to be mounted via virtual drive etc.

DVDFab and AnyDVDHD rips will load in it as far as I know (I use DVDFab to backup my collection personally).

TMT however doesn't load a file, but wants to load the folder containing the BDMV folder itself.

Therefore, it's not really a file that it's trying to load, but whatever directory your rip is stored in.

Actually trying to load the index file found in the BDMV directory, or trying to load the BDMV directory itself, doesn't work.

I have no idea if there's any command line synatax TMT will accept to direct it to the proper folder. Setting the paramater in the XLobby database to that folder means nothing loads.

If anyone figures that out - please post it!I couldn't find any answer in the ArcSoft forum either.
Flagg