ZoneSkin2 Release - FINAL UPDATE 11/1/07

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Wow, 12 zones and 3 partyzones...good job. With that skin, it may be difficult to display all the zones within the "Control Screen". Actually, I'm in the process of updating the skin, with nicer graphics (yes...subject to user...I'm biased), and better "flow" (again...subject to user), but I've gone away from using the Control screen to show zone status. I also decided to take advantage of what I figure is a main part of that skin...the zonemap. This next version, it is the main screen, with better touch screen controls (I hope). I'm hoping to have a few teaser pics up before the end of the week.

Anyways, back to your request...put aside the "Control Screen" issue, I'm going back to the basics, which you may already know but doesn't hurt:
To add zones:
1) If using KX Drivers, figure out your DSP for each card see this thread for a basic understanding of setting up the DSP
2) Open each of your eventual 15 instances of winamp and assign different outputs for each
3) Open Xlobby and goto F2/Setup and add each zone. Be aware of the order in which you add the zones as the zone status and zone image depends on this order.
4) Make sure you have XNet configured and running. This is imparitive for zone control
5) %zone>#>status% and zone>#>image will give you information and cover art for each zone. The # is the number of the zone derived from the order you listed the winamp instances.
6) The Party Toggle button is a dual state toggle. The button itself requires a specific ID that is utilized in its event/commands. It doesn't really matter what Text you call in in the skin editor. It gets overwritten with the set text command.
7) The zonemap is a little bit more difficult to understand. I can get into more detail there if you want, but I will say that at first, grasp the use of the show/hide functions found under the skin editor/Advanced tab.

Let me know more details of what you want, and we should be able to work through it and get you up and running.
Marbles_00

Previous