multiple inline video playback

Got an idea, post it here

multiple inline video playback

Postby billberet on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:24 pm

hey
have a question for the guru's

i have a dilema, i want to be able to play video's back to back without stopping and continuing.
i have a whole season of family guy that i want to play all day long (don't ask, lol)
currently i have to start at video one and play, at the end, open up the next video.

is there a way we can have video's play sequentially one after another, some kind of trigger
that says "play next video" and it will automatically start up the next video after the first one ends.

this way when i am having parties, i can play dance video's one after another from my list, or movies, etc.

any ideas?
billberet

Re: multiple inline video playback

Postby wesblack on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Basically what you want is a playlist for video or movie content so you can change the order of content on the fly if you want. I Think that I put this in Mantis as a feature request a while back. We have had several users ask us for this feature for playing music video's then some music and then back again for there parties.

I will have to look at the time necessary to do this in the current version of xLobby. We seem to be making good progress with the Mantis issues lately. :D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Are u using internal video or zoomplayer? I think it can be done with zoomplayer if one name the video files correctly. Can't remember exactly how but I know Steven knows how.

/Lasse
lar282

Postby billberet on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 pm

i am using the internal player.
Wes is correct when he mentioned the playlist. that would give me exactly what i want.

this way i can play video's for music, or a whole season of TV (southpark, simpsons, etc)
billberet

Postby samsonlov on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:26 am

Wes posted in Mantis on 2008-10-08 (Issue 0000216):
A playlist where music videos and music tracks an co-exist. Like letting the user select a chapter location and time to play from that chapter.

About a year later, I posted in Mantis on 2009-09-26 (Issue 0000662):
Is possible to add several movies to a playlist, and then shuffle so different chapters are played - would be so cool to put a bunch of ski movies on, or several different concerts, or Halloween or other holiday titles, and have them play random chapters during a party and have option to play movie sound or sound from "Music".

Plump. (Please+Bump)
:)
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:22 am

Plumper (please + bump + faster)

;)
billberet

Postby samsonlov on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:21 am

Plumper???

Okay, Plumper+1.
(Please "Plumper" Mantis Issue #0000662)
And thanks for "Plumpering".
:)
samsonlov