Now Playing Screensaver add in for Xlobby skins

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Now Playing Screensaver add in for Xlobby skins

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:08 pm

I've updated the now-playing/screensaver component of my skin and will share it.
It is very easy to add to an existing skin.

Here is what it looks like:

Unfortunately I no longer have the time to support my XL skins so read these instructions carefully because this is all the support I can give on this.

1] Download the zip file and extract to a temporary directory.

2] There are three subdirectories in the zip file: BUTTONS, EVENT GROUPS and SCREENS

3] Copy the files in the BUTTONS directory into the BUTTONS directory of your skin

4] Copy the file in the EVENT GROUPS directory into the EVENT GROUPS directory of your skin

5] Copy the files in the SCREENS directory into your skin directory

6] Start Xlobby

7] Go to your MUSIC screen (or which ever screen you want the button on)

8] Add a button that says "Now Playing" (or what-ever you want it to say)

9] Assign the following event to the button -> nowplaying:goto nowplaying

Done
To run it, queue up a couple of songs then click the NowPlaying button you just created.

Clicking on the image of the NEXT cd will end the current playing song and start playing the next.

Clicking on the image of the NOW PLAYING cd returns you to the music screen.

You can change the target screen in the nowplaying:exit event.

-enjoy (or not :wink: )

DOWNLOAD BADDABINGS NOWPLAYING SCREENSAVER: http://www.xlobby.com/files/badabing/screensaver/Baddabings_Screensaver.zip
BaddaBing

Postby abobader on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Very nice indeed! :)
abobader

Postby rembetis on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:14 pm

Very cool Baddabing. Thanks for sharing. Don't mean to belabor the point, but can I assume that you are unshakeable in your decision not to share your personal skin, even w/o the worry of offering support? (Events are easy and quick to change, designing completely thought-out skins is not).

In any case, thanks for all you've done for the Xlobby community.
rembetis

Postby gritmaster on Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:06 am

Is there anyway to launch this upon X minutes of Xlobby inactivity and then when a user returns, via mouse movement or keyboard activity, return to your normal skin?
gritmaster

Postby dgemily on Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 am

gritmaster wrote:Is there anyway to launch this upon X minutes of Xlobby inactivity and then when a user returns, via mouse movement or keyboard activity, return to your normal skin?

yes using xevent plugin, look at this thread : http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3624
dgemily