One-touch DVD Burning

title says it all

One-touch DVD Burning

Postby bobbo on Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:46 am

Shamelessly lifted from BeyondTV forum:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22432&highlight=dvdauthor

Takes a DVD-compliant MPEG2 video file and burns it to a DVD, formatted so that it plays in a standard DVD player. Once you set it up, one command-line call does the whole process. Takes about 20 minutes on my 2GHz P4 to a DVD-RW. Add a "execute command" button to your skin and start burning away.

Requires Nero, but the rest is freeware and included in the package. Also, I suppose if your source isn't MPEG2 you could add a conversion step using Nero Recode--I don't need that step since my source is a Hauppauge PVR-500 capture card.

Editorial comment: Great for sharing shows with friends or playing on the portable DVD in the car/airplane. I'm using this is my alternative until the price of those "Portable Media Centers" come down.
bobbo

Postby GFORCE on Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:17 am

GBPVR has a pluginthat does that.
its called My Videos
You can Edit the Video, Demux it and Burn it to a DVD Disc to play in a normal DVD Player
GFORCE

Postby hjackson on Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:38 pm

"GBPVR has a pluginthat does that."

? Does their plugins work with Xlobby?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby lar282 on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:55 pm

Actually I just converted the script to fit xlobby.Works good. thinking bout putting it in my recordISO plugin and then we can push a mpg straight to a dvd without a gui at all. What I changed here is removed the NERO dependencie and replaced that with mkiso and cdrecord.exe. All freeware. First one creates a iso and cdrecord is the one I use in my plugin to write a dvd iso.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby GFORCE on Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:09 pm

i use gbpvr as my pvr interface
it launches by a button press so thats how i use it.
GFORCE

Postby lar282 on Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:16 pm

Since I use xlobby as my interface I just included the feature in the plugin.Please help me test it.
download at
http://hem.passagen.se/lar282/XDvdBurn/

Pass the mpg filename and path to the plugin to create a iso of it and then burn it with the same plugin.Edit the config.ini first to suite your htpc setup.

See plugin forum for more details.

//Lasse
lar282