DVD Profiler to Xlobby Import Utility

Xlobby plugin development

Postby cooldog on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:02 pm

Jovial,

When there's a "DVD" with no cover art, is there any way that DXC can detect this and leave the coverart db entry empty, so that the title text is displayed?

It seems that DVD-Profiler actually creates a blank jpeg file when cover art is not available.

Paul
cooldog

Postby abobader on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:30 am

Hi jovial,

Any update on this yet? I tried the latest XL build and latest RC4, same problem.

My best.
abobader

Postby cmhardwick on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:59 am

My question is the best way to handle 2 disc movies, such as Pearl Harbor and Schindler's List. Any hints? I've tried entering the dxcparameter twice, one for each part, but it only grabbed the first one, as I thought it would.

Thanks in advance!
cmhardwick

Postby jovial_mood on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:55 pm

New version: http://user.bahnhof.se/~engstrom/files/dxc/dxc_060807_rc5.rar

abobader,

This version of DXC should work with latest version of Xlobby, at least it does on my system. Otherwise I need some more information on the error you get.

cooldog,

I've added the option to check if cover images exists in DVD Profiler. You need to enable advanced tag processing and place a check mark in "Check if cover image exists" to enable the function. If the cover image doesn't exist the coverart tag will be left blank.
I've also added the option to use a general image for titles missing their covers, but then you will of course still not see the name of the movie. Leave the textbox blank if you don't want any general image path added.

cmhardwick,

I've added nine additional tags that can be imported from the 'Notes' tag in the DVD Profiler XML database. The information will not be written to Xlobby <parameter> tag as DXCParameter is, as that tag can only hold one single path. They will instead be written as <parameter1>, <parameter2>... and so on inside the information section in the output database. You will probably need to make a custom function in your skin to be able to play any secondary discs.

You will still need to place a check mark in front of "Notes/DXCParameter" to enable the function in DXC.

Synthax is now (in Notes textbox inside DVD Profiler):
DXCParameter="ENTER FILE PATH HERE"
DXCParameter1="ENTER ANY INFO HERE"
DXCParameter2="ENTER ANY INFO HERE"
... and so on up to
DXCParameter9="ENTER ANY INFO HERE"
jovial_mood

Postby cooldog on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:23 am

Jovial_mood,

This is fantastic! The biggest reason for my request was to be able to use DVD Profiler and DXC to deal with home videos as well as movie files. Now, if I don't have "cover art", I can at least see the title in text. Bravo!

Now, if I may be so bold as to make two additional requests --- with these, I think you will have made it possible to organize xlobby movies in a a totally data-driven fashion, and with a persistant DB behind it.

#1 - "container" logic. This would consist of two parts, a) be able to specify via a DXC Parameter that a record is a container, and b) specify via another DXC Parameter that a record is *in* a particular container.

As an example, think of the BBC "Blue Planet" documentary series. I have six VOBs for this series, but it's kind of silly to show them as totally separate "DVDs". What I'd like to be able to do is to show one container, with cover art, and if I open the container, then show the six separate episodes. This could also be used to group home videos together by subject or date.

I'd bet that folks who collect TV episodes will go nuts for this capability too.

One issue that occurrs to me is that there might be a need for a way to "hide" the container contents from xlobby searches, and only let the container be found and displayed, otherwise you'd be right back where you started from.

#2 - password assignment ... I'd like to be able to use a DXCParameter to assign a password for containers or movies --- I'm not sure I want my five-year-old stumbling onto "Sin City" or "Kill Bill", as I doubt that I could afford the resulting psychotherapy expenses!

I'm not sure if these things are easy or hard to do ... since you are the expert in this, I get to remain blissfully ignorant of the details ... for which I heartily THANK YOU!

Regards,
Paul
cooldog

Postby abobader on Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Thanks jovial!

I will try it today and give you feed back.

My best.
abobader

Postby bkilburn on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:24 am

Jovial

I have just started using your excellent program. I have hit a problem which i am sure is just me not entering the correct settings. The result is that every time i run your program it is adding a duplicate "movie" in xlobby without any paramater. maybe its best if i tell you how i use the program.
1. if i load a new movie onto my pc having given it a profile in DP i then import it into xlobby. so far so good. it is now in xlobby but without the extra tags i want to use.

2. i then run dxc asking it to overwrite the xlobby xml file and retain the existing xlobby data.

This adds all the correct tags but also adds a duplicate (but not with every movie) entry in xlobby so if i look at a list of movies in xlobby i seem to have say one Bridget Jones diary online and 1 or more others with cover art but no paramaters as if they were offline.

i have tried all sorts of combinations of how to preserve xlobby data but can't seem to get the right one.

Can you help

Thanks
bkilburn

Postby Colby on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:03 am

This adds all the correct tags but also adds a duplicate (but not with every movie) entry in xlobby so if i look at a list of movies in xlobby i seem to have say one Bridget Jones diary online and 1 or more others with cover art but no paramaters as if they were offline.

I notice that with dvd profiler it adds duplicate entries when the folder name doesnt match the movie title exactly. SO, bridget jones diary would really be bridget jones' diary. And since you cant put a ' in a windows folder name you will get duplicates. I dont know the solution.
Colby

Postby abobader on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:43 pm

Colby wrote:

I notice that with dvd profiler it adds duplicate entries when the folder name doesnt match the movie title exactly. SO, bridget jones diary would really be bridget jones' diary. And since you cant put a ' in a windows folder name you will get duplicates. I dont know the solution.

Hi,

I found out to solve the issue, to edit the title for the movies in dvd profile to match the one you have as your movies folders/s name as Colby said.

As well, remove anything in the dvd profiler "Desc" box, as well the "personalize" to match the title as well, doing so I fix the problem re the "ghost" title.

My best.
abobader

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:38 am

P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby lar282 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:04 am

Has anybody tried this utility with the new version of dvdprofiler?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:25 am

No it doesn't work. It bails on redaing the collection.xml, the it shuts down

is the author of the app araound?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby jovial_mood on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:10 pm

For some odd reason I don't get any notes when there are replies to this thread, even though I'm "watching topic".

It has been some time since I used Xlobby. I thought that the DVD Profiler import function now was implemented into Xlobby making my utility superfluous. I also thought that Xlobby went commercial.

Maybe someone can update me on this?

Is there still a free version of Xlobby and if so, is it with that version you're using my utility and from where can it be download?

I'm still using DVD Profiler on a regularly basis but I had never heard of version 3 (v3.01) before. Lasse told me about it today via PM/email.

I tried to find it at InterVocative's site but they're only listing v2.x. If I got it right it seems that DVD Profiler v3.x is continued by another company, Invelos.

Invelos' site seems to be down for some unknown reason:
http://www.intervocative.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=288238

So please feel free to update me on this too. It's hard to take a look at why the utility is not working as intended if I don't know which programs you are using.

:P

/j.
jovial_mood

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Im happy to see u back! :D
Thought we lost u too, like that guy who made shoutcast plugin.

To be brief:

Xlobby is going commercial. However cause there was no timebomb built in, we r allowed to continue using our old versions free. Timebombless builds are not available for public download anymore.

Invelos seems to be just continuation from old DVD profiler, new name, same software, same people, old site is still up but i dont think its updated anymore.

So in current situation theres new niche for your utility, people who keep using freeversion, but still wish to be using new version of profiler.

So time to start coding. :P
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am

jovial_mood wrote:For some odd reason I don't get any notes when there are replies to this thread, even though I'm "watching topic".

It has been some time since I used Xlobby. I thought that the DVD Profiler import function now was implemented into Xlobby making my utility superfluous. I also thought that Xlobby went commercial.

Maybe someone can update me on this?

Is there still a free version of Xlobby and if so, is it with that version you're using my utility and from where can it be download?

I'm still using DVD Profiler on a regularly basis but I had never heard of version 3 (v3.01) before. Lasse told me about it today via PM/email.

I tried to find it at InterVocative's site but they're only listing v2.x. If I got it right it seems that DVD Profiler v3.x is continued by another company, Invelos.

Invelos' site seems to be down for some unknown reason:
http://www.intervocative.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=288238

So please feel free to update me on this too. It's hard to take a look at why the utility is not working as intended if I don't know which programs you are using.

:P

/j.

I put the dvdprofiler 3.0.1 here
http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/DVDProInstall.zip

Also I put a 3.0.1 xml file here for u
http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/collection.xml

PS:Seems to be a war against the V2 and the V3. some legal stuff and the server is down. I hope they settle it:DS
http://dvdprofiler.com/Forums.aspx?task ... cID=288451
lar282

PreviousNext