Vintage skin www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby mzemina on Fri May 12, 2006 3:54 pm

rika - OK, I have counted and you have shown us five (including splash) screens, then there was one (for DVDs) additional that you had a partial or indicator of what is to come, not the entrie screen . So really, how many screens have you completed and how many more do you have left?

Mike
mzemina

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri May 12, 2006 8:06 pm

mzemina wrote:rika - OK, I have counted and you have shown us five (including splash) screens, then there was one (for DVDs) additional that you had a partial or indicator of what is to come, not the entrie screen . So really, how many screens have you completed and how many more do you have left?

Mike

Hey, give artist a little break, will u... no need for third degree.
It clearly seems to worth of wait.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby mzemina on Fri May 12, 2006 8:10 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:
Hey, give artist a little break, will u... no need for third degree.

That wasn't my intention for it to come across strongly, I was just curious. As per my previous posts I think this guy has done a great job and I (among others) are trying to patiently (well maybe it doesn't seem I am so patient) wait for the resultant skin.

Mike
mzemina

Postby rika on Mon May 15, 2006 1:49 pm

I know waiting is a pain in the... :wink:

About 150 screens (with the ppc screens and overlays) , all of them up and running but 20% with wrong graphics.

Fore all the main screens like main menu, music, movis and so on, i first do a mockup (the menu in the first post is a mockup,this is the real thing) and then i convert this in to the skin. This is why it´s taking some time.

Here is another sneak peek fore you. I thought the old "dvd-player" was a little bit wrong in time, so that one is not included.

Rika
Last edited by rika on Mon May 15, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rika

Postby mzemina on Mon May 15, 2006 4:06 pm

rika - That is great news. I will not ask when do you expect for the skin to be release because I know that life can take control. Thanks for the info - I am so looking forward to this skin.

Mike
mzemina

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon May 15, 2006 6:06 pm

I just ordered new box yesterday and im bit worried how this skin will match with it... somehow i have feeling dragon will be better match... its really shame cause i love vintage theme and looks of this skin... :(
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby bfauska on Tue May 16, 2006 4:08 am

This skin would be way too cool on a computer built in an old radio case, tv, or record player, or even a cigar box. I have allways wanted to do a custom case anyhow, maybe now's the time to start. I am sure I could easily take longer to build the pc than the skin will take, that way I won't feel as impatient. Maybe we should all build them to hold us over and give Rika plenty of time to make this wonderful skin.

Looking good Rika, I love the teasers.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby rika on Tue May 16, 2006 5:34 am

Thanks
Hmm, a retor case. Yes that´s it, i think i will built one. Just kidding :wink: Dont worry, I will do this skin first

Rika
rika

Postby bfauska on Tue May 16, 2006 5:37 am

Good one, you had me worried and kicking myself for a second.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby rembetis on Tue May 16, 2006 12:40 pm

bfauska wrote:This skin would be way too cool on a computer built in an old radio case

I've had a gutted Philco Cathedral radio from the 40s sitting on my bookcase for over year, with just this idea in mind. Somehow I can't bring myself to mod the shell though -- it seems a sacriledge. Maybe this skin will push me over the edge...
rembetis

Postby XLRETARD on Tue May 16, 2006 1:27 pm

bfauska wrote:This skin would be way too cool on a computer built in an old radio case, tv, or record player, or even a cigar box.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think i just wet myself! :?

I can't get started on this new project fast enough :cry:

with bfauska's idea about the antique tv case and this skin from rika............ohhhhhhh man........hang on....... i think im hyperventalating

GREAT WORK RIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excelent ideas there bfauska!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry i must steal oopps i mean barrow the ideas :twisted:

thanks guys
XLRETARD

Postby mzemina on Tue May 16, 2006 3:06 pm

antique tv case - Hmmm, now you guys have REALLY got me thinking :idea:

I wonder if I can find one in a flea market with nice wood finish that I could set a metal case into and get ventilation moving through it. That would be so cool!

Mike
mzemina

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue May 16, 2006 5:57 pm

That was excellent idea!!! however cause i just ordered 600€ case... i dont think i'll be doing it :( But id love to see u guys post pictures about ur casin projects!!! :P
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Tue May 16, 2006 9:03 pm

Here is some insperation for a philco casemod.
Or why not just by a new retor syled tv and plug your htpc to that. :wink:

Rika
rika

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed May 17, 2006 5:11 pm

Hey rika,

They did mention on the philco casemod website that they are looking for a vintage view for the operating system. You (with Steven's permission for using Xlobby of course) should send them what you have done. It could be another way to expose Xlobby.

Just a thought.

Your skin is looking awesome.

David
Marbles_00

PreviousNext