First Pre-Release Status Update

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:43 pm

Since most people are curious about costs, we will try to give a cost estimate after things get settled down and we have some kind of road map. Right now things just aren't organized enough to do some kind of estimate of the cost. I completely understand why everyone wants to know the price, and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record right?. Sorry thats the best I can do.

xlobby will use directshow, which is part of directx....its not using the actual 3D stuff in directx. If anything...moving to an internal player will lower cpu requirements...since I'm not using the sendmessage functions so often. But if you dont want to use the internal players, you dont have to...just keep using winamp or whatever you would like.

xlobby is still .net 2.0, I have not made the jump to .net 3.0 yet....I don't plan on doing that any time soon because I'm too busy with fixing bugs and adding features. .net 3.0 will have huge benefits for xlobby, but its to early to do it right now. What you might see is some addon 3d stuff that uses .net 3.0....but again that will be optional and it wont be a requirement.
stevenhanna6

Postby wesblack on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:05 pm

This is one screenshot of 3 menu's of the music library interface and is just an example. We are working hard to bring all the new details and further information about what we are working on, please be patient. Steven and I have been burning the candle at both end's to get the new release done. Steven will be posting more screenshots and feature additions, old bug fixes in the next few day's.

Some new features we are working on to include.

1. Music Muting Event to control master volume mute that can be added to any menu to indicate mute status.

2. Master Volume control event that can be added to any menu and still in develoment a system wide overlay that pops up when volume or mute is selected. We are working on independent volume control for the internal media player as well.

3. Slow ramping up or down of volume when mute is pressed.

4. Built-in Sleep timer to shut down the audio only or trigger any system event.

5. 20 Second song preview mode that plays 20 second samples of each track so users can sample some of your music from your collection automatically.

6. Random play in album mode or collection mode, internal player.

More details to come. We are posting information as time permits.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Russell on Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 am

Hey Steven, I am just wondering does the built audio have visualizations (I have been dying to have a decent looking spectrum analyzer). Also, will you built in video allow for using ffdshow. Oh, and what about live video streaming.
Russell

Postby jowaldo on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:55 pm

looking good!

and looking forward to get skinning again ;)
jowaldo

Re: First Pre-Release Status Update

Postby lar282 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:23 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:
I hope to get the full install ready by monday for you guys.

Still aiming for today?

My test computer is READY..............................

//Lasse
lar282

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 pm

fair enuff about the cost, asap will do fine :)
S Pittaway

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:03 am

Sorry guys, we had to delay the first public release. We kept running into issues here and there. There didn't seem any point to releasing something that was so buggy, me and Wes kept finding little bugs all over the place, thats expected though when you have new stuff. It's very stable right now, we have everything working very nicely so far. The only thing holding things up now will be me, I want to run the exe through its paces for a couple more days. So I will say friday for sure we will have a public release everyone can try.

I'll try to post some screenshots as I go though.

stevenhanna6

Postby Colby on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 am

Steven how is the documentation coming with all the new stuff? We will want a setup, and any new variables/ commands added with new versions. I dont mind adding to my event/variable document if I know what they are.
Colby

Previous