Visual C# 2005 Express

Xlobby plugin development

Visual C# 2005 Express

Postby AtTheGates on Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:42 am

I want to look into developing a plugin for xlobby. I'm primarily a C++ and VB programmer but I'd like to write the plugin in C# because it is the language used in the examples and a language I would like to learn. So I downloaded Visual C# 2005 Express. I can compile the examples with no trouble but the plugin does not function or even show up in the setup window. What could be the problem? Is it that Express uses .net 2? Is the software incapable of creating working class libraries? Is it stupidity?

The Express line are free beta versions of Visual Studio 2005. Check them out here http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/default.aspx. Good way to learn new things.
AtTheGates

Postby mattdisaster on Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:36 am

I have no idea how to answer your question. But I know one thing- AtTheGates is (or was) and awesome thrash/metal/hardcore band.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby AtTheGates on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:13 am

SharpDevelop works and is also free. Now I just have to think of a good plugin.

At the Gates is awesome.
AtTheGates

Postby Arthur on Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:12 pm

In search of ideaas? Well take a look at the feature request forum or pick one:
- Plugin which downloads pop3 e-mail (I would like to read it like a newsfeed, I thouht i got it figured out but no, take a look at my post in th etips & tricks section)
- Plugin to edit mp3 and ape tags from within xlobby
- Plugin to rate music (lets say 1 to 5 stars) you could then set a filter to only show music with lets say 3 stars or more.

I think they are quite difficult but who knows.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby AtTheGates on Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:14 pm

The ratings thing sounds like a good place to start.

I added a ID3 button to my skin that just uses Winamp. Create an event with 2 os->send message commands.

This allows Winamp to be on top.
Class Name: Winamp
Window Name:
wParam: 40019
lParam: 0

This opens the file info dialog.
Class Name: Winamp
Window Name:
wParam: 40188
lParam: 0

It has a few problems but it works well enough for my needs. A little more work and I think I can get it right.
AtTheGates