xmltv.xml file

Help each other out

Postby art on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Well, I wrote the plug-in for that one (search for "xmyhd" in plug-in section); however if you don't have MDP-1xx card, it will be useless to you. I don't know what type of card you have, but lar wrote MediaPortal TvEngine3 plug-in (see plug-in section), so if your card is supported by Media Portal it should work. I don't know of any others, but you may want to search plug-in section and see what's out there.
art

Postby badubo on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks again for the info. I have configured the xltv plugin, but I cant get it to work.

if you want to use the xltv epg feature, you must be sure that the xmltv file is copied in the xltv/xmltv directory. (not in xlobby/xmltv)
then you can associate a channel of your card to a channel of your guide.
badubo

Postby homepc on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 am

badubo,

Great...thanks! I will try that tomorrow as it is getting late here. I would like to ask you other questions if they arise....

thanks
Ray

BYW, do you use the epg function from xltv plugin?
homepc

Postby badubo on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:15 am

BYW, do you use the epg function from xltv plugin?

I wrote this plugin :wink: , but unfortunately there are no more valid xmltv sources for french channels.
And now, I use a dreambox for television
badubo

Postby homepc on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:26 pm

WOW!! Ok great!! Nice job!

Question though, I notice that when my mouse moves over a program in the epg, I see all the information about that program. Can I assume that event is internal to the plugin? What I mean is that there is nothing I had to do to get this to work. But, if I wanted to click on a program and actually watch it on K!TV, is there an event that I would have to call?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, in xlobby, I rarely use the mouse because its for my projector in my family room. I do have a keyboard there and I use that for navigation. When I'm on the menu screen, and I press the down arrow on the keyboard, it moves down one item at a time, perfect, but when I use the up arrow key, it skips some. It doesn't go up item by item. How can I control this?

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby badubo on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:32 am

Question though, I notice that when my mouse moves over a program in the epg, I see all the information about that program. Can I assume that event is internal to the plugin? What I mean is that there is nothing I had to do to get this to work. But, if I wanted to click on a program and actually watch it on K!TV, is there an event that I would have to call?

Data is retrieved from internal EPG of XLobby
If you want to click on an event and have ktv change the channel (or program the event for recording) you have to strictly follow the configuration step of xltv (see the doc and mainly take a look at the xltv skin given with the plugin), it uses all features of the plugin. Take a look at the events used in this skin.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, in xlobby, I rarely use the mouse because its for my projector in my family room. I do have a keyboard there and I use that for navigation. When I'm on the menu screen, and I press the down arrow on the keyboard, it moves down one item at a time, perfect, but when I use the up arrow key, it skips some. It doesn't go up item by item. How can I control this?

This is a xlobby matter, it is not related to xltv, may be you better have to start a new post to have an answer on this specific issue
badubo

Postby homepc on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:06 pm

badubo

Thanks for all your help. I will re-read all the docs about xltv and study the sample screen. Again, thanks!!

Ray
homepc

Re: xmltv.xml file

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon May 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Home pc,

I downloaded xmltv, but have no clue how to use it. Can you Help?

Thanks
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby homepc on Mon May 12, 2008 6:24 pm

wow.....its been a while since I used it. I have converted to fiber optic so I no longer have a need for XLTV. But, I will try and help you any way I can.....

If you have specific questions, I'll try and answer....

thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon May 12, 2008 7:07 pm

I guess lets start with the basics, how do I configure it to use schedules direct url etc. Also how do I start it up to download?

Thanks
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon May 12, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm all set!
I found this program called XMLTVGUI.
It gives you a windows GUI to operate XMLTV. It already had a grabber built in to work with Schedules Direct.

Thanks,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby sharp_1 on Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Cabinetguy wrote:I'm all set!
I found this program called XMLTVGUI.
It gives you a windows GUI to operate XMLTV. It already had a grabber built in to work with Schedules Direct.

Thanks,
Brian

Do you have a link to the program?
sharp_1

Postby homepc on Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Sweeeeeet! I'd like to see that also!
homepc

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue May 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Here is the link to the program

http://www.birtles.org.uk/xmltv/