Very Green Newbie

Help each other out

Very Green Newbie

Postby chadthedad on Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:57 pm

I just started playing with xlobby last night. I got it loaded pointed to media folders it updated cover art etc. and plays audio files perfectly. Video files are another story. I point at my video folder (which contains other folders which contain the files) and it doesn't import any of the files. I go to the video section and can see all the folders there but instead of opening the folder to find the list of files it brings up the media player and is then blank. The only file type I have had success with is xvid files, it plays those perfectly. I don't exactly understand how to manipulate the file type section and have no idea what to do in the events area. I guess I need a very beginner guide as to how things are setup and how do do advance funcitons. Is there a good guide out there? I don't even know where to start. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
chadthedad

Re: Very Green Newbie

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:01 pm

chadthedad wrote: Is there a good guide out there?

There is... and now it has a chapter about green newbies... :D

Welcome welcome... i wont grind u before u turn brown 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:22 pm

Don't worry about P3rvB3ar - he don't bite (well not much :lol:)

You can't go wrong looking at Marbles_00's excellent page at http://xlobbystuff.googlepages.com/documents lots of info here

Welcome to the madness!!!!
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:22 pm

The only thing is my page covers extensively with "freelobby" info. It may be what you need to get the pre-release version setup...I don't know.
Marbles_00

Postby jowaldo on Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:33 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:The only thing is my page covers extensively with "freelobby" info. It may be what you need to get the pre-release version setup...I don't know.

The beginners guide I made (while pretty old at this point) still is close enough to being the same still that I think it would help with the basics just fine.
jowaldo