Xmovewindows help

Xlobby plugin development

Xmovewindows help

Postby hjackson on Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:52 pm

I get the sense that I am missing some steps with this plugin. I can find the classname and name the text file and object ID, but I can't get the app to fit in the textwindow. In fact, it ignores the window. I activate the app through a batch file, however, I believe that I would get the same result if I just used the batch file without the xmove window. So I believe there is another step in activating the app for the xmovewindow that I am missing. Ofcourse I have tried searching for threads ... Can someone point me to a tutorial or outline the necessary steps for this to work?
Thanks in advance!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby badubo on Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:27 pm

First of all be sure you have the last one :
http://france.xlobby.com/plugns/xmovewindow.zip

Then you must know that all applications cannot be controled.

You have to be sure that your ID is

screenname_classname
where screenname is the exact name of your screen

and as text
plugin>XMoveWindow>classname

which application did you tried? Give me all information about your application
badubo

Postby hjackson on Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:10 am

Badubo, thanks for the reply but, the URL doesn't work.
I am trying to control Windows Media Player and UltraVNC. I know the problem is on my methodology because I can't even get it to work with Zoomplayer despite using the classname posted on this site (TMainForm). When I go to the Xlobby setup and look at the plugin window, I see that XMoveWindow is there, but it cannot be configured. I hope this gives you some useful clues to help me.

hjackson

PS BTW, I am using the 40 KB file version 1.0.1808.42027
hjackson

Postby badubo on Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:38 am

Sorry fort the link,
it was :
http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/xmovewindow.zip

Give me all the parameters you are trying (classname, screen, ID and Text). Eventually, if you can upload somewhere the screen you are modifying

see that XMoveWindow is there, but it cannot be configured

There are no configurations for this plugin, all is working throught the text zone
badubo

Postby hjackson on Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:47 am

Thanks for the link. It was the same version of the one I was using. I replaced it anyway, but it still did not work.
The app is Zoomplayer.
The screen name is "test"
The ID is "test_TMainForm"
The text file name is "plugin>XMoveWindow>TMainForm"
When I launch ZP from a different button, it goes fullscreen. When I configure ZP to start in "windowed mode" it is not contained in the text window.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby dgemily on Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:07 pm

If I’m remembering, there were some guys that they should have launched zoomplayer at the start up (xlobby start up) to show correctly zoomplayer on the xmovewindows zone. Try to launch zoomplayer before xlobby or at the start up, to see if your problem is the same as these guys.

later
dgemily

Postby hjackson on Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks for the tip dgemily, but that didn't worki either.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby C-moi on Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:01 pm

he text file name is "plugin>XMoveWindow>TMainForm"

i hope you wrote the text without " !
Code: Select all
plugin>XMoveWindow>TMainForm
C-moi

Postby hjackson on Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:56 pm

I did not write the text with quotation marks. :D

hjackson
hjackson

Postby AirPost on Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:07 am

In Zoomplayer's Player Options, under Settings>Interface, the option "Remember Window State on Exit" I believe should be uncheck. In your full screen button you just put the /f variable in your OS Execute File event while on the windowed button, you can leave the variable field blank.

If it still doesn't work, try it on the Milkdrop plugin if you haven't yet since it is easier to setup than ZP. This will let you know if it's the configuration or something else that's wrong.

Text: plugin>XMoveWindow>MilkDrop
AirPost

Postby hjackson on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:51 pm

AirPost, I still could not get either ap to work, but then again, I could never get Milkdrop to work right in Xlobby. What I did notice is that the classname that I tried to use for Milkdrop is different from yours. For a classname I get "BaseWindow_RootWnd" (without quotations :wink: ) Regardless, neither one worked for me...

hjackson
hjackson

Postby AirPost on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm using Milkdrop plugin version 1.04. Are you using Girder to get the ClassName? Below shows Girder's Target Selector window - notice the 4th line down, Milkdrop's Window Class is "MilkDrop". Also, when you configure the milkdrop plugin, uncheck the "integrate with Winamp" option under Common Settings>Windowed Settings otherwise it gets a different Class Name. Good luck !

AirPost

Postby hjackson on Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:45 am

I tried your suggestions but still no luck with MilkDrop, but as I said before, I can't get visualizations to work in Xlobby anyway... but that still doesn't explain why I can't get Zoomplayer or anything else to work.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby C-moi on Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:30 am

http://france.xlobby.com/milkdrop.htm
did you try with foobar2000 ?
C-moi

Postby hjackson on Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:54 am

No I havet tried MilkDrop with Foobar. Using MilkDrop isn't even close to a priority with me, that's why I've never pursued it before, What I really want to do is get XMoveWindow working. I should probably look at a skin that has it working. Which skin (if any) has XMoveWindow built in?

hjackson
hjackson

Next