xJumpTo - jump to a specific category entry

Xlobby plugin development

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat May 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Ok thousand of thanx man!!

Got XJumpTo work like its supposed to... and it was just what i needed! Keep up producing exellent plugins!
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby dalanik on Wed May 31, 2006 9:54 pm

Speaking of hidemouse, this is just what I needed - I don't generally need mouse on my HTPC, but when I do some maintenancem it's pain without it :-)

There's just one problem - If i close XLobby with alt+f4 (and I usually do when I need to tweak it or such) mouse remains INVISIBLE. :-(

Would it be possible to make it visible again on exit?

In XLobby plugin, you can set command "close" to do whatever is needed on exit, so I think that would be solution?

regards,

D.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:53 am

I reset it in the destructor - i am a c++ programmer and i was assuming that it would get called automatically?

Anyway, i will stick a reset call in the close message and ask someone to update the ftp server.

If you have c# the source is included so you can add it yourself :)
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:01 am

S Pittaway wrote:I reset it in the destructor - i am a c++ programmer and i was assuming that it would get called automatically?

Anyway, i will stick a reset call in the close message and ask someone to update the ftp server.

If you have c# the source is included so you can add it yourself :)

I don't - VB.NET is more than enough for me :-) I tried to put some code in destructor in my Skype plugin, but it didn't work, then I discovered the close command :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:12 am

i wonder if xlobby is doing some sort of dirty exit on alt-f4?

almost all of my objects use the destructor to tidy up (thats what its there for)

i will double check the other plugins i have wrote and force a tidy up on exit.
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:41 pm

updated
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:48 pm

Split up xJumpTo and xHideMouse.

Professional or what? :)
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Would if be possible to implement "find next", for categories that have multiple entries with the same name? :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 pm

if ou do a find with the same text i am sure it will jup to th net occurance :)
S Pittaway

Postby dalanik on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:18 am

S Pittaway wrote:if ou do a find with the same text i am sure it will jup to th net occurance :)

OK, thanx, I'll give it a try.

just a question, though. When I do JumpTo (exact), does it start search from the CURRENT position in the category, or from the begining of the file?

D.
dalanik

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:30 pm

it simply calls next item, untill it finds the text or arrives at the start entry...
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:30 pm

dalanik wrote:
S Pittaway wrote:if ou do a find with the same text i am sure it will jup to th net occurance :)

just a question, though. When I do JumpTo (exact), does it start search from the CURRENT position in the category, or from the begining of the file?

D.

It doesnt access the file, that would be rude, like reading your wifes diary. It uses nextitem command, so it has no knowledge where is the begiining of the cat. It starts at current item (or actually it start comparing from item next to current item, since pittaway mentioned that consecutive calls will find next item with same name) So theres no way u can be sure ull be always reaching the same item with same amount of calls, if that was your plan, unless ofcourse, u do some comparing of the other fields within xlobby after fetching the item and branch based on comparison.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Previous