Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:22 am

Not yet, but i know we can count on Steven :)
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:21 pm

Hi Jowaldo,
I just installed your skin and think it is great. For me I am only missing one very important thing in the music part..... to shuffle play all select cd's in the quick view or album window. Any idea if and when you can build this in.... it would make the skin perfectly!
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:55 pm

Do you mean you want a button that shuffles what is currently playing? If so, just click on the music note button on any of those screens and shuffle is on that popup menu.

Or are you looking for one button that automatically plays all your albums that also turns shuffle on at the same time?
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:06 pm

Yes I mean a button which will play all selected cd's.
It isn't necessary to put shuffle automatically on, if it is also possible to do this on beforehand from the music note button. It might even be better to not put the shuffle on automaticaly, so you have a choice by the music note button.

By the way does anybody already made the ATI remote wonder working with this skin from girder? If so, could somebody please send me the girder file for this?
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:25 pm

oajungen wrote:Yes I mean a button which will play all selected cd's.
It isn't necessary to put shuffle automatically on, if it is also possible to do this on beforehand from the music note button. It might even be better to not put the shuffle on automaticaly, so you have a choice by the music note button.

By the way does anybody already made the ATI remote wonder working with this skin from girder? If so, could somebody please send me the girder file for this?

Yeah I can put a play all button on my skin. Do you think it would be best to put it on the music note popup menu, or the playlist screen? I don't know if I'd want to put it anywhere else, so I don't make things more cluttered than they already are.

I don't know of anyone thats made a girder setup to use with this skin. I would like to start working on one soon. If I get anywhere with it, I will post it.
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:35 am

Meaby you can make it possible this way:

Just play all the selected music from the quick view or album window when the play button is pressed and no other music is already playing.
This way you don't have to use another button, so you can keep the layout the way it is. It might be handy, for clearness, to put a option for play all in the music note part also.
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:24 pm

Well I could make it so that when the Play button is selected I can have it automatically queue all the albums. Only problem is how do I make it play just the selected album when I want to pick just one, without having a separate button?
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:28 pm

Well you have I good point..... mmmm... didn't think of that one.
I always play I cd by checking the tab Play and selecting a cd. Didn't know you can use the play button, songs have to be in the playlist already for this don't they?

If it is difficult to place on the interface, just place it in the music note menu.... we can always make a shortcut on the remote :)

Hopefully you have enough info by now to implement?
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:51 am

Ok I added it to the music note popup menu.

Archerkit: I added a "Up" button on just the Quick View Page for now. Its to the right of the Play Queue Open buttons. Is that basically what you are looking for? If so I'll maybe find a better location for it on that screen and others.

Here is a newer version of my skin.. I'm not gonna bother numbering it right now cuz there isn't that much different.

http://members.cox.net/xlobby/jowaldo.zip

I'm gonna start working on ppc hardbuttons soon, and more on the "control" pages.
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:16 pm

OK I am back to playing with the skin and controls.

I changed the controls screen to just one page with all my buttons on there. Thats just better for me but probably not for everyone.

I have a zone question. When I start up a mp3 it starts in zone 2 with the ppc?? Is there zone control with the ppc and the skin? (i didnt see any)
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:20 pm

Nope I haven't done a thing yet with zone control, because I don't use it yet. I'm planning on it, but just haven't had time to get my speakers and do all the wiring ;)
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:41 pm

Any idea why the ppc would play to zone2?
PiDD

Postby oajungen on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:36 pm

Hi Jowaldo,
I tried the button Play All..... and it is working perfect! Thank you.
Only I don't get where I should use the Up button for.... can't you change it with the Play All :lol:
oajungen

Postby PiDD on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:00 pm

Jowaldo,

What about artist - album names under the album pics for both ppc and pc? Is that possible?
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:29 pm

oajungen wrote:Only I don't get where I should use the Up button for.... can't you change it with the Play All :lol:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean? Are you talking about the up button on the playlist screen?
jowaldo

PreviousNext