Anyone have RS232 plugin?

Xlobby plugin development

Re: Anyone have RS232 plugin?

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:17 pm

why not just use the hidden command and run file.
then you don't have to go thru the vbs script.
xlobby will execute the bat file directly.

No can do (well not that I'm aware of). You see, in using the Hauppauge remote (and its irremote.ini file), I'm executing these bat files to run XSend commands to goto different screens (xsend "command:xlobby:run event:goto xxxx") and perform different functions within xlobby. I'm not even dealing with xlobby directly as I'm not using the Hauppauge remote with a UIRT, but using its own IR receiver.
Marbles_00

Postby billberet on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:21 pm

AHHHHHHHHHh said the blind man
Hauppauge remote

i thought you were just running bat files on the xlobby server as stand alone files. like I do.
i change my gefen video matrix with them. send source one to output 3, etc etc.

in that case, carry on ;)
billberet

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Yeah, strange thing is that I had to use bat files in order to use the xsend exectutable with its parameters. I couldn't just use the in the irremote.ini file. For some reason, they would not run. Also I couldn't define a button to run xlobby2.exe correctly. It would crash out even before the splash screen. So I started running commands from bats...then remembered this post and it got me thinking. I tried different .vbs scripts before settling on this:
Code: Select all
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Batch Files\syncfiles.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

Where I change the C:\Batch Files\syncfiles.bat to the location\name of my actual bat files. Works peachy on that system
Marbles_00

Previous