Album track order incorrect

Help each other out

Album track order incorrect

Postby hjackson on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:40 am

When I import a compile CD with various artists, Xlobby will in certain occasions, save the tracks in the wrong order. Fortunately, I know what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it. By default, Xlobby will sort the CD's track order by artist name first, then by track number. So If the CD is by one artist, it will sort the tracks by track number. If the CD is by various artists and the ID3 info has "Various Artist" listed for artist. then it will properly sort the tracks by the track order. However, if the CD is by various artists and the ID3 info has the actual artist's name listed for artist, it will sort the tracks alphabetically by the artist's name and ignore the track numbers. This is really a problem for dance compile CDs that are mixed. The music will not properly flow as intended. How do I correct this so that it will always sort the tracks, by track number first?

hjackson
hjackson

Re: Album track order incorrect

Postby slaman on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Press F2, goto databases, click music, and edit... along the top-left, there is a field called sortorder... make sure tracknumber is the first thing listed, followed by colon, then whatever field you want to sort by next. Then click sort... voila!
slaman

Postby hjackson on Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 am

You sir, are an asset to this community. :D
Thank you very much slaman!

hjackson
hjackson

Postby slaman on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:57 pm

No problem... I'm having some issues myself, but I think the solutions are much more involved

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7027
slaman