Can Xlobby RECEIVE remote control signals using USBUIRT?

Help each other out

Can Xlobby RECEIVE remote control signals using USBUIRT?

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Currently when I press a button in XLobby, I TRANSMIT remote control codes through USBUIRT to my A/V equipment.

But I also have one remote that I sometimes use. Unfortunately this remote cannot "learn" from other remotes. So I got to thinking that I could use my HTPC to "remap" remote codes. For example, I press a button on the remote, Xlobby receives the signal through USBUIRT, xlobby then calls an event which transmits the remapped code out of the USBUIRT.

So can Xlobby be used to RECEIVE usbuirt signals?
WannaTheater

Re: Can Xlobby RECEIVE remote control signals using USBUIRT?

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:28 pm

If you are just trying to re-assign IR signals I use EventGhost. It works great with the USB-UIRT!!!

http://www.eventghost.org

And yes...you could technically use xLobby as a passthru for the same thing...you would just need to have xLobby up all the time.
sharp_1

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks. I will look at eventghost

With regard to Xlobby, which is always running, how do you set it up to "receive," then call another event?
Can this be done through the Xlobby GUI?
WannaTheater

Postby rembetis on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:21 pm

WannaTheater wrote:With regard to Xlobby, which is always running, how do you set it up to "receive," then call another event?
Can this be done through the Xlobby GUI?

Absolutely. The only catch is that the currently displaying screen has to have a button set up (visible or invisible) for a given signal to trigger an event.

You first have to use the IR Plugin section of the setup screen to "learn" the signals, same way you did with the signals you transmit. Then create an event, or use one of the prexisting ones. On the right hand side of the Event screen, at the top are two tabs: Command and Trigger.Select the trigger tab, then IR tab beneath that, and assign a device alias and a command.

Again though, if you want that command to be universal (regardless of the Xlobby screen showing) I'm pretty sure you will need to have a button on every screen with that event assigned to it.

Hope that made sense.
rembetis

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks. It does make sense. And since it is a "volume" button (i.e. pretty much can be used on every screen) then I will look at eventghost :D
WannaTheater