Xlobby plugin development

Postby fletch on Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:57 am

Anthro,

Put a comma between the #1 and the on. The variables line sould read;
"#1, on". Without the quotes of course.

Aaron
fletch

Postby anthro on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Yes! I am amazed when I am sure I tried something already, and I find out there was a slight variation. What I did yesterday was to go to the "X10" Command and enter the string "Exec_X10" and variables rather than the "XSeer" plugin, Exec_X10 and variables. So I had tried the "#1,on" but it was when I was going to the wrong overall Command section. I then realized and went to the "plugin" command, but at that point I was using spaces rather than commas. Not sure if that was clear, but it is now working.

For anyone else trying to do this, just make sure in the Event Manager:Events:Command screen that you don't go to the "X10" command but go to the "plugin->command", select the XSeer plugin and select the "Exec_X10" from the drop down menu. Then enter arguments. This would be a helpful comment to add to the startup document.

Thanks for the help, I'm ready to rock with XLobby. '8)'

- Daniel

fletch wrote:Anthro,

Put a comma between the #1 and the on. The variables line sould read;
"#1, on". Without the quotes of course.

Aaron
anthro

Status from HS into XSeer

Postby anthro on Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:55 pm

Ok, so how do you get the status of lights into XSeer so the display reflects their current state? If they are changed at a switch HS knows this new state. Can it be sent back to XSeer?

Perhaps this ties into the "database" discussion around CallerID? I am also going to be trying to get Voicemail and CallerID etc. tied into XLobby.

- Daniel
anthro

Postby fletch on Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Create a text item on the screen, set the text to "plugin>xseer>device location device name". So if the homeseer device you'd like to display the status for is named "table lamp" with a location of "living room", your xlobby variable would be "plugin>xseer>living room table lamp".
fletch

Postby kuntakintay on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:15 am

Group:

If anyone is interested in using my skin as a base for their xseer efforts, or to see examples of how to do certain things, I have posted it on my website to download. You can download from:

http://oldsite.tobyandkelly.com/miscfiles/default.zip

I previously posted screenshots from it on page 3 of the discussion, but have made many changes and additions since then. Right now, I have status and control of hs lighting, hs music, hs multi-system scene control, ab8ss speaker switcher on/off control, elk security, elk hvac, and a few other things here and there. Everything except pictures and weather I am pulling/controlling through the xseer plugin by device status and hs event triggers.

Hope you find this useful. :wink:
kuntakintay

Can Xlobby run on a separate machine than HS?

Postby dkindred on Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi, guys,

Can Xlobby run on a separate machine than HS and still interact with HS through the XSeer plug-in? I have a dedicated MP3 server hooked to a different amp than HS. I try not to bog down the HS machine with anything other than HS. VWS also runs on the MP3 server.

Much thanks!

--David
dkindred

Postby Jay on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:09 pm

David, in short, yes.

I have HS living on one PC and the XL server on another.
All of my machines (except the XL server) have XL fat clients with Xseer capability.
Jay

Postby dkindred on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Thanks, Jay, I've just installed Xlobby on the HS machine (since the MP3 server doesn't have the .Net 2.0 framework), and started fiddling around. Looks promising. I loaded another skin, and now everything has gone to pot. Now, I've got to see what needs to be changed in all those XML files.

Merry Christmas!

--David
dkindred

Postby fletch on Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:23 pm

David,

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I can't make too many promises right now, I have alot to take care of between know and Monday morning. Two days down with a stomach bug and another 2 spent digging out of the snow has me a little behind. I had hoped to get the next version out this weekend as a gift to everyone. But unfortunately, I seem to have introduced a bug that stops all the xlobby clients except the first connected from getting callbacks from HS. So although the newest version has many improvements it has 1 major flaw that really cripples it. Hopefully it won't take too long to ferret out and fix, the wife is running out this morning so I should have a little bit of time to look into it this morning.

Aaron
fletch

Postby dkindred on Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:27 pm

Hey, Aaron,

Don't worry about me, please! You really need to take care of yourself and your family. I'm just poking around having some fun. Please don't take my difficulties on as another responsibility. (Besides, I'm probably just being a bonehead.) Enjoy this blessed Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

--David
dkindred

Any Updates on Updates

Postby Keifer1 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:18 pm

Just checking to see how devlopment is going, Have been holding out on a setup planning to use your plugin might you be close to new release? thankx Keith No Rush-just wishfull thinking..
Keifer1

Postby Aaron on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:35 pm

fletch,
any chance I can convince you to support Homeseer 1.7? It should not be too tough as the commands are pretty much the same.

I wrote a Python interface for XBMC (XBOX Media Center) and ASP pages that. I can forward those to you so you can see the commands.

With the Python interface I have a Homeseer script that writes a file with the current devices/events and status for each... then the python reads that file each time the interface starts or a command is sent. Yours could use the same method if there is no direct way to query... but I think there is.

I'd really appreciate if you can... I do not want to buy HS2 as it gives me no new features.

let me know.
Aaron

Postby Jay on Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:58 pm

Aaron, the plugin is built around the 2.x HS Speaker functionalty.

A totally different animal than 1.7.

I'm still using 1.7 and xAP at my vacation home but that's gonna change.
Jay

Postby Aaron on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:12 pm

[quote="Jay"]Aaron, the plugin is built around the 2.x HS Speaker functionalty.

A totally different animal than 1.7.

I'm still using 1.7 and xAP at my vacation home but that's gonna change.[/quote]

yes and no... HS still uses the same commands when doing things via the web interface. So I'm hoping he can add that functionality in. Should not be tough since he already has all the based groundwork laid.
Aaron

Postby Jay on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:18 pm

OK Aaron, we'll need to wait for Fletch on that.
Jay

PreviousNext