PNG gallery site

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

PNG gallery site

Postby jpoveda on Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm searching png icons for may skin. I'd like buttons as xcolby skin but in other colours. Does anybody know a good website gallery to download?

Thanks.
jpoveda

Postby Colby on Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:36 pm

I dont know where you can get buttons, par say. But I could make you some buttons if you want, it only takes me a couple hours. Let me know.
Colby

Postby dgemily on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:20 pm

Colby,

Your proposition interest me !!!!! :lol:
We (the French Team) build a skin:”maTV” with a lot of application, but we haven’t really a good design:( ….
We need a skinner like you 8)
This skin is built to be displayed on a standard TV with a resolution of 800x600.
So, if you can keep an eye on it to improve it, it will be very nice..
Here is the last version of maTV: http://france.xlobby.com/skins/matv/maTV47.rar
The skin is not finished yet, we need to finalize some screens like the videogames screens….
If you want to look at the applications integrated in this skin, I advise you to download the French pack and install it in C:\Program Files\XlobbyFR\
Here is the last version of the French pack: http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/sagitaz/xlobbyFr%20Pack%200.6.4.exe

I tried to make a structure on this skin to use some “clones”:
The structure is about the resources names and the buttons names. The aim is to have a skin with some different aspects but with the same components inside, it's not easy to understand this structure but with that structure we can use the last version of the skin with the aspect like we want, we have just to replace buttons, backgrounds and the file fonts.xml of the clone that we want to use. May be the structure should be ameliorate or may be we give up the structure if there are too much constraints. We don’t know yet….
I did very quickly some clones, but I’m not a designer at all, and I did them, just to show some examples but those clones are not finished at all, we can, more distinguish, differentiate and ameliorate, all of them…
Here you can see and download those clones: http://forums.studio-biorythm.com/index.php?showtopic=665&view=findpost&p=6710

So it’s up to you, you can do whatever you want, ameliorates the skin (by default) or ameliorate a clone or build an/some other(s) clone(s), it’s like you want
I don’t want to take your time, so just do it if you can…

Later
dgemily

Postby Colby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:26 pm

So youre saying with this structure all I have to do is change the fonts, buttons/ and graphics. I am willing to do that. I dont want to design the skin. But I can create button sets. I'll give it a look.
Colby

Postby dgemily on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:40 pm

So youre saying with this structure all I have to do is change the fonts, buttons/ and graphics

yes, just make sure you use the same buttons names, same ressources names and same backrounds names.

But I can create button sets. I'll give it a look.

Dge
dgemily

Postby Colby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:48 pm

I just looked at your newest download. It doesnt look like your old matv. It uses bings, heavy metal skin. Im not going to customize his skin, sorry. He did good work, why would I mess it up? I dont see what the real problem is.
Colby

Postby C-moi on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:08 pm

Colby,
we use some buttons and backgrounds from HeavyMetal skin but we want to change all the look of the buttons and the backgrounds if possible. Would you try to help us ?
Regards
C-moi

Postby dgemily on Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:32 pm

I understand your position, and the design of heavy metal is very nice. We would like to have more clones, and with this structure we can do some clones completly different of heavy metal... I did the Clone heavymetal with 3 buttons and 2 backgrounds of the original hevaymetal skin... I did it but I'm not a designer at all and I would like to make some others good clones .so it's why we asked you.
So don't worry if you don't want to do it, never mind. :wink:

Later,
dgemily

Postby Colby on Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm

I am more open to redo buttons and graphics then the shell of a skin. Bings HeavyMetal skin is more of a shell than just simple replace graphics, you have to align stuff and organize the whole skin. the first MaTV was more graphics only. Give me a list, sample, or folder of buttons you want overhauled and I will do it.
Colby

Postby Aaron on Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:24 pm

C-moi

Can you explain what changes you are referring to?

I like the HeavyMetal layout and such but I've been thinking about redesigning the entire GUI and just using the underlying layout and events and such... BUT I have not looked into it yet and may not for a while.
Aaron

Postby C-moi on Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:54 pm

Aaron,
i created a skin which include all the plugins and .vbs created by the french team of xlobby : but we have no graphist in our team so i took backgrounds, buttons in other skins or dgemily create buttons but we would have a TV look for our skin or an original aspect. i try to have a little help by a designer.
C-moi

Postby dgemily on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:44 pm

In fact maTV, for the moment, is constituted mainly of 4 different buttons and 2 different backgrounds, but I duplicated those buttons to make the structure of the screen:
Example: I duplicated button.png and renamed it like buttonhome.png , I use buttonhome.png for button to go to the main menu and I assigned to the button, the font resources: “boutonhome”
With that structure we can use the same aspect for the “button” and “button” home or we can use 2 different aspects.
Here are the 4 buttons and 2 backgrounds with the duplicated buttons: http://france.xlobby.com/forum/dgemily/temp/buttontocolby.rar

maTV is build for a standard TV display, and may be it should be nice to a TV look or something like this, it’s just an idea…. (We don’t use the colour (ffffff) for the font because it’s too much “brightness” to read…)

So you can do what ever you want, overhaul 1 or 2 buttons or, build a clones with the 4 or more buttons.

Thanks
dgemily

Postby jpoveda on Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:12 pm

Wow!!,

Hi Colby, thanks for your offer, I would like to have transparent buttons. Your dessign is very nice so I only need to change the colour and the light of a button. I'll try to explain you. Imagine the stop button, I'd like to have only the inside square for normal button, when I select the button, I'd like to have it with light effect (small shadown on bottom) and when I select the button I'll use your existing blue or red button. I can try to make some example if you want.

Thanks a lot.
jpoveda

Postby Colby on Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:39 pm

jpoveda, I dont exactly get what you mean.
Like this?
ImageImageImage
Normal _ Enter _ Down
*Grey represents transparent
Colby

Postby jpoveda on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:22 am

Hi Colby,

Normal button is very nice (With shadow effect will be perfect). For enter button I'd like to have normal button plus light effect (As red or blue button but without colour).

Thanks, thanks a lot.
jpoveda