Xmovewindow translation

Xlobby plugin development

Postby jpoveda on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:03 am

Hi

I don't remeber exactly but I think you should use F5, F6 and F7 to do it.
jpoveda

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:53 am

But how do you get Zoom to display video without it's skin, that is w/o borders etc.? Would I have to redesign the Zoom Skin from scratch?

This is xmovewindow that removes the border (like for MPC)

I did the XMoveWindow with MPC and it kinda works in 90% of the cases

Can you send a bug report, so that I can correct (it's better if it works 100% :wink: )
badubo

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 pm

I got it working with foobar now
first you must install the foo_vis_bacon ond configurere it for running on desktop.
http://potatoriffic.f2g.net/bacon/bacon.html

I didn't find a key to turn visualation on/off so I just have it on all the time for now.
Grab this to see how it works

http://www.xlobby.com/files/qtips/music.xml

it is F7 to turn ZoomPlayer to videoonly
QTips

QTIPS?

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:19 pm

I have been drilling thru your skin and as u know i am beyond thrilled with what you have done with ZoomPlayer and still trying to dig thru it all. A few basic questions:

1 - Do you have a list of all of the params for ZoomPlayer, or how is it best to find those. I saw the events you had which were many - just curious on some others?

2 - This one is way stupid (-: Do you guys use FooBar for Video as well, 've lived and died with ZoomPlayer so sorry for the stupidity.

I am really looking to adapt your thinking to some skin work I have of my own along with much of yours and use ZoomPlayer for all of my DVD/Video playback.

This is AWESOME.
Thanks Q
Chris
kolemieux

ZoomPlayer - .. smaller?

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:29 pm

It would be nice - and maybe I am missing something if when switching away from the ControlPanel Video Screen, say back to the VideoLibrary - if ZoomCould be in a portal window with good sizing.

Q I think u send it to the bottom - and I have figured out how to move the window frame - but does ZoomPlayer actually restrict how small it will go? Seems odd but I cant seem to get it much smaller.

I have this working well but wanted ZoomPlayer to fit in the right body of your screen still pyaing but seems to not get small enough?

Let me know.
Thanks
kolemieux

Re: QTIPS?

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:56 pm

kolemieux wrote:I have been drilling thru your skin and as u know i am beyond thrilled with what you have done with ZoomPlayer and still trying to dig thru it all. A few basic questions:

1 - Do you have a list of all of the params for ZoomPlayer, or how is it best to find those. I saw the events you had which were many - just curious on some others?

2 - This one is way stupid (-: Do you guys use FooBar for Video as well, 've lived and died with ZoomPlayer so sorry for the stupidity.

I am really looking to adapt your thinking to some skin work I have of my own along with much of yours and use ZoomPlayer for all of my DVD/Video playback.

This is AWESOME.
Thanks Q
Chris

1. I export zoomplayercomands to a girderfile and open that in girder
and then just look what the right parameters are for the comands

2. I have not used foobar as videoplayer.

I just tried some musicvideos on my htpc and noticed that when xmovewindow bring zoomplayer to front the mousepointer follows aswell which means that in some conditions the controlpanel looses focus.The best solution would maybe a program that disabled the mouse completly but I have to do some research on that.
Remember that this videoscreen is just a early start.I will update it so it behaves better when exit videoscreen and so on.I guess I will also create a way to play DVD's too.I just have to figure out a way to remaining browsing on the DVD itself and have access to the videocontrols.

Glad you like my skin and good luck getting all the stuff to work :)
QTips

Q - ...

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:09 pm

Q - thx for Girder piece, got that one.

How about the video portal piece, can u try that. I can't seem to control the size much smaller of ZoomPlayer. I'd like to be able to head back to the VideoList and have it in that spot to the right - or wherever. I can get it there but can't seem to get zoomplayer in smaller mode to fit.

Am I misssing something pal.

Thanks again
Chris
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:22 pm

I didn't find a key to turn visualation on/off so I just have it on all the time for now.

you can use the showhide function of the plugin, with the className ID you used for controling the position.
badubo

An Xlobby/Zoomplayer progress control bar?

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:25 pm

Q, and maybe Steven?

With WinAmp there is clearly a way to read into the files progress I assume to re-create a control bar within the many Skins (most all of them use this) ..... Would it not be xtra special awesome if something to this degree could indeed be accomplished with what you've created here and ZoomPlayer ---- the integration and ability would be TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT.....

Anyone????? Very kewl.

Thanks guys
kolemieux

Postby badubo on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:44 pm

@Kolemieux

I think that you are really far from the subject of this topic. I you want to be listened, you better have to ask such request in the dedicated forum :wink:
badubo

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:48 pm

Respectfully seem to disagree. Qtips is only using XMoveWindow as a piece to pull ZoomPlayer integration into Xlobby .... It is a piece - and if you read thru the thread you will notice that he discusses challenges with the OSD and Control Bar.

With that said - I am suggesting what possibilities we may have to work around that challenge in perhaps with what is currently being done with Xlobby.

I certainly am not hi-jacking Qtips thread and he deserves a ton of credit for making steps towards accomplishing what many skin builders would like to do. It's not just an XMoveWindow kinda thing..... :wink:
kolemieux

New thread...

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:01 pm

kolemieux

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:25 pm

The best solution would ofcource to have a builtinsuport or a plugin for zoomplayer like we have today with winamp/foobar. then it would have been possibel to get feedback for making a progressbar like we have for audio.
QTips

Qtips

Postby kolemieux on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:32 pm

Qtips - can u figure out how to size the window of ZoomPlayer to fit - I am fine on the fullscreen views but ZoomPlayer seems to be restricting how small I can make the window - kinda odd? This is even without a file playing. I use BTV and can make that video window micro sized....

Is there a param to unlock this u r aware of?

Thanks
kolemieux

Postby QTips on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:42 pm

badubo wrote:

you can use the showhide function of the plugin, with the className ID you used for controling the position.

That did the trick..almost
I give a event show/hide when exit the screen but after restart xlobby it works the opposite way
would it be possibel to split them to 2 commands ?
show
hide
QTips

PreviousNext