XPad skin. Beta testers wanted!

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

XPad skin. Beta testers wanted!

Postby TheBlindMan on Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:40 am

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!... heres a few pic's.

The Main Menu

The Music Pad (sorry I seem to have only one CD cover hence all the white squares)

and for some colour The Weather Pad

Comments/critiques welcome.
Last edited by TheBlindMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheBlindMan

Postby noviceboy on Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:50 am

Good stuff. Now we are gett'in some momentum here - more contributions from all budding graphics artists!. Xlobby makes skin VERY simple to put together all you need is to do is the graphics.
noviceboy

Postby jowaldo on Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:13 pm

All I can say is WOW very very nice, and it looks waay more flexible than my skin (at least without having to do a bunch of photoshop junk)

awesome job!
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:15 pm

Oh yeah, what fonts are you using? I really like them
jowaldo

Postby TheBlindMan on Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:10 pm

Thanks guys. Most of it is straight out of the standard Xlobby download package with a few custom buttons and a new background... very little graphic wizardry (it's good to know your limits). What you can't see is the embedded 'roll overs' that make seemingly inactive buttons come alive or pop up a 'tool tip' or an image to help you along.

Oh, jowaldo, the font is Bank Gothic Md. Should be a windows standard, but I can post it if you don't have it.
TheBlindMan

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:14 pm

looks good, I love the burshed metal look. Can't wait to see what it looks like when its done.
stevenhanna6

Postby Tracie on Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:23 pm

Hey Blindman,
Looks great! Any word on this being ready yet? I'd like to get a copy of it & begin playing with it.
Tracie

Postby TheBlindMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:51 am

Thanks Tracie, a deadline is just what I needed! Of course it's not entirely finished (will it ever be?) but it should be fully functional. Sooo....

Xpad beta skin... beta testers wanted!

Link and server have been fixed, DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

As always, comments/critiques welcome.
Last edited by TheBlindMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TheBlindMan

Postby Tracie on Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:58 am

Great! Just one thing, though. I can't open the file - XP is giving me a message that the file is invalid or corrupt. Tried with 2 different computers, so maybe something happened when you zipped it up?
Tracie

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:18 pm

I'm always up for beta testing, shoot it over to my email, my box can handle it. mailto:Mattnorman82@snet.net. Thanks man I can't wait!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby TheBlindMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:35 pm

For all who checked when the link/server was down, it's now up and ready for action!
TheBlindMan

Postby Tracie on Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:28 pm

Wow Blindman, looks really good. This is what I've been looking for, a clean looking, simple skin - I don't use Girder, a PPC, multi-zone or even a remote (although I'm looking at getting one) & a lot of these skins that are coming out are way "more" so to speak than I need. Plus I like the clean metal background on yours - looks awesome on my HDTV. :D

One question, how did you do the little pop-ups that come up when you roll over the buttons? I've been trying to figure out how to do that so that my husband would have an easier time navigating the program & would like to be able to add that to a few other buttons.
Tracie

Postby TheBlindMan on Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:55 pm

Tracie wrote: - looks awesome on my HDTV.

:mrgreen: <-- me green with envy

As for the pop-ups, it's actually quite simple. Create a hidden button, give it an ID name. Then, under the special tab (I believe the tab is called special... I'm at work right now and I can't check) select the ID name of that button.
Presto! Now the hidden button will appear as you roll over it.

Pop-up text is done similarly. Create the text, give it an ID name. Then go to the button you want to activate the text, and under the special tab select the ID name of the text you just created.
Presto! Now the text will appear as you roll over that button.

Combine the two and you have a tool tipped hidden button bonanza. What could be more fun!?
TheBlindMan

Postby Tracie on Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:08 pm

Thanks Blindman! The only thing that I've come up with so far is in the movies section. It looks like you combined both the movieviewer page & main movies page into one & I'm going about the task of putting it back to the default way - it's just easier on my kids & husband to have less to have to have to wade through when looking for the movie that they want to watch.
Tracie

Postby Tracie on Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:28 am

Blindman,
Another question, if I may. How do you access that font that you've included? It's not showing up in Xlobby, so I'm not real sure of how to make Xlobby see it. Any ideas? Thanks.
Tracie

Next