Importing from DVD Profiler

xlobby docs (works in progress)

Importing from DVD Profiler

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:33 pm

I've seen a lot of questions on how to import from dvd profiler, so I made a quick document on how to do it. It can be found here:

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/documentation/dvdprofiler/index.htm

Let me know if any corrections/improvements can be made.
jowaldo

Postby theendisnye on Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:25 am

thank you,

It is so easy when you know how, it worked liek a dream.

Steve
theendisnye

Postby nspindel on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi - Having problems with this import. I am doing exactly as these directions indictate. This seems to work - all cover art is brought into XLobby, along with commentary from the xml. When I go into the movies db through manual edit, it looks as you've indicated in these instructions. However, clicking on the graphic in XLobby then pressing Play does nothing. If I disable the DVD Profiler from importing, then XLobby brings in my movies based on the directory structure, but with no cover art or commentary. So I just get the blank default icon for each movie. But if I try to play from this icon, it works, so I know it has nothing to do with XLobby<->Zoom Player or anything like that.

If I then edit the database manually after I import without DVD Profiler, and set the path to the cover art manually, I can play from the cover art icon. But I obviously don't want to do this manually for each dvd, and also no xml info.

So it seems when I import with DVD profiler, it does not properly set up an association between the DVD profiler entry and the DVD files in my my directory structure.

I had thought this all happens automatically, but maybe I am wrong.

I am using DVD Profiler 2.3.1b826, and XLobby2.exe dated Feb 8, 2005

Thanks.
nspindel

Postby nspindel on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 pm

Never mind, that was my bad. The problem was that my folder names didn't exactly match the names in DVD Profiler. I'm all set now....
nspindel

Postby sonofdbn on Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:03 am

nspindel wrote:Never mind, that was my bad. The problem was that my folder names didn't exactly match the names in DVD Profiler. I'm all set now....

Actually, I found this post was actually quite useful. I didn't see anything in the Xlobby DVD Profiler import documentation which said that the folder names had to match exactly. In retrospect perhaps it's fairly obvious. But what do you do when the DVD Profiler movie name contains a character (e.g. ":") which you can't use in a folder name?
sonofdbn

Postby hjackson on Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:44 am

"But what do you do when the DVD Profiler movie name contains a character (e.g. ":") which you can't use in a folder name?"

You edit the movie name in DVD Profiler to match your folder name.

hjackson
hjackson

Postby nspindel on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:07 pm

Correct - exactly what I've been doing.

Sometimes DVD Profiler can come back with an overly lenghty name, or something which won't translate into a legitimate foldername, particularly a ":" like you mention.

So I've just edited the names in DVD Profiler to be something more reasonable and also a proper directory name.
nspindel

Postby Bebop on Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:18 pm

When I click on import, the window popop but stay on assiging... Is it normal ? Does it take long ? I waited 3-4 minutes and nothing seem to work....

Thx
Bebop

Postby nspindel on Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:28 pm

No - it should be pretty quick.
nspindel

Postby appelm on Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:11 am

Bebop wrote:When I click on import, the window popop but stay on assiging... Is it normal ? Does it take long ? I waited 3-4 minutes and nothing seem to work....

Thx

This is usually due to an old version of dvd profiler.
appelm

Postby jowaldo on Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:37 am

yeah if you have the latest version of dvd profiler and xlobby exe.. everything should import ok.
jowaldo