Xlobby lockup

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Xlobby lockup

Postby balemon on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:42 pm

HI,
I've had this issue since Xlobby has added the internal movie player. It seems that when I play some movies and most TV series Xlobby will lock up. It isn't really noticed till the video is finished or if you exit the video before it's finished. 99% of what I watch is in XVid format and the previews are in MOV format. The previews don't cause an issue. I can watch them buy the bucket loads and XLobby doesn't lockup. If I watch Stargate that is in XVid. Even a single episode locks Xlobby.
I am using Zoomplayer v5 and Would like to keep using it because of the ability to view movie previews before a movie.
I've tried using different versions of FFDShow and XVid. I have tried using MPC and the issue doesn't seem to be there. So it would seem there is some issue between Xlobby, Zoomplayer and certain codecs. I'm happy to set up so someone can get access to video that causes lock ups for me. And I can go through the complete setup of my system if there is any confusion here. I've listed info below that I think is relevant. Something else. I have never been able to get the internal player to work at all. While I'm not a genius with computers. I do know my way around them and as long as it's not programming, I can solve most issues (google is my friend :D )

Xlobby - using default skin.
P4 3.0 giga hertz
11 HDD varying sizes to 500 gig both sata and ide.
Win XP sp2 (Bling removed)
2 gig pc3200 memory - matched geil
SIL680 IDE card
Promise tx4 Sata card (I have taken the cards out and tested this issue)
ATI Radeon 9800 video card (AGP)

I have reduced codecs to minimal to try to get this to work.
FFDShow
Haali Matroska
AC3

If anyone can help. I would be happy to use MPC if I could get previes to work with MPC. The other thing I would like to have running is Xlobby on Win 2003 server. (Sorry not a big fan of XP)

Thanks

Brett
balemon

Re: Xlobby lockup

Postby nyteskyy on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:46 pm

I am having the same problem with every machine I've tested... so I think this is a known issue.

I have tried it on a multi monitor setup and have had some luck. It seems to crash when changing focus. If you have xlobby on one monitor and have zoomplayer open and play on a second it doesn't crash everytime. If you have a video playing, and try to play another video by selecting it in xlobby it will lock up instantly. I'm hoping this is resolved in the 8th release..

If you need any more specific information let me know.
nyteskyy