Same thing different place.

Got an idea, post it here

Same thing different place.

Postby Colby on Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:56 pm

I was skinning again, and was wishing I could have a set position (x:,Y: ) event for a hide/ show image. The reason was so that I wouldnt have to put a ton of the same image hidden on one screen just so it appears where I want. I want to rollover an image and show an image in a particular spot. But rollover a different image and show the same in a different spot. Is this possible? If not I would like to request it.

the command would be something like
set position
x:
y:
image=
Colby

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:40 am

that will be hard to do since the x,y coordinates change at different resolutions...not sure what the solution is to this problem. I know jowaldo is working on a popup system that is working really good....but like you said the screen becomes full of hidden buttons.

I did add a "set text" command so you could have one button for help and just change the text based on which button your on....still its complex to do you will need a bunch of events instead of a bunch of buttons.
stevenhanna6

Postby Colby on Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:40 pm

Still curious if this is possible?
stevenhanna wrote:..hard to do since the x,y coordinates change at different resolutions...

really?
isnt 0,0 the top left on all skins, wouldnt 100x100 be 100 pixels down and right of this? how is this resolution dependent. 100 px is 100 px right or is it really 230 px on a wider resolution? I guess Im not understanding.
Colby