Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Postby lar282 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:38 am

Normal, Hidden, Maximized, and Minimized
I only use hidden and minimized.

//Lasse
lar282

XLobby Web Server still hangs up in this version

Postby blopa26 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:23 am

I've been using XLobby since January of this year. I reported this issue in previous versions.

The Web Server works fine for a few clicks. At some point it fails and returns a message in the Web Browser saying " Unable to connect, can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.103"

When I go into xlobby and press F2 then hit " start web server" I get a status message of " Web server failed!!!" . So, the only way to get ok again is to restart XLobby.

I am assuming that for the comercial version this bug will be fixed. If not and you're planning to discontinue this feature please let me know. For me the Web Server facility it's very important.

Thanks in Advance, Pablo
blopa26

Postby lar282 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:03 am

sounds like a firewall issue
lar282

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:20 pm

firewall would be an all or nothing block though. Since it does work for a while, something is causing xLobby's webserver to lockup. And many features of xLobby are not good about restarting if they fail, without a full xLobby restart.
cmhardwick

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Keifer1
Have had some things work others crash or seem to hang up. Would you prefer at this time to have people test with clean installs.

yes always do a fresh install if possible if you want to really test from a clean slate. I know the client/server stuff is probably really messed because of the stuff I added though, I will be fixing it once we get the major bugs worked out.

rhinoman

I see we can use multiple versions of the internal music player for zones but how do we assign the outputs of the sound card?

it's still not done yet, I have to fix a couple more thing before I get to that.

Once installed is the new directory portable from one machine to another or should it be installed each time?

yes, you can still move an xlobby directory around like we could before.

samgreco

I saw your weather bug thanks for the screen shot, I didn't have time to look into yet though. I wrote it on my notepad so it will get fixed soon.

cmhardwick
Yah your right about the cover art "size" buttons, I've changed the name to "cover art displayed"

hvs69
2. Plugin Xoapweather is not downloading any data

could be the plugin itself, I haven't changed the plugin architecture

rika
Is the music player able to steam radio?

Yes it can, just "mms" streams right now. And it's sort of buggy, we will be adding an entire ip radio system soon. We are just trying to work through the major things right now.

I can’t get it to work, or should I use the movie player to steam radio?

you can use the regular audio player to play a stream, use a play file with this url if you want to test it "mms://viptvr.yacast.net/tvr_mplusm_96k"

If we could have the angle and fade stuff for covers that would be cool in the cover flow. (Also reflections would look super)

Yah I've been thinking of that too, its on the list somewhere but not very high on the list right now.

Is it possible to ad buttons on top of the movie player later? I think that would give better skins.
Good work!!! Thanks

We can't add buttons on top of the player yet, we do have plans to do that though. I'm just starting to get comfortable with the directshow stuff....but I'm pretty sure that is possible.

lar282
IMG and iso files doesn't get mounted when using the new play command!

thanks, I didn't know that. I'll see what I can before the next release, shouldn't be too hard to fix that.

ALOT of overlays are wrong cause the frame is navigation. This makes the skin get stuck when navigating with remote.

yah I'm still not setup with a proper remote yet, Wes is suppose to get something to me soon...so I know where your coming from though....I just can't test remote stuff properly until I get one.

cmhardwick
Another problem, similar to what budabo stated, is when you pause or stop a movie, leave the screen, then go and choose another movie, the previous starts playing again for a little while before the newly requested one is loaded.

fixed for the next release, in fact the entire media player has over gone a pretty big overhaul...alot of bugs have been worked out.

badubo and cmhardwick
Yah I understand what your are saying about the dual monitor situation, I'm trying to work on a stop gap solution for that.

Scarpad
Are .iso files Supported in the Default Media Player

yah you still need to use deamon tools, I haven't had time to see if there is some way to stream an iso to the directshow stuff.

S Pittaway
Yah the default skin is complex, but we want to showcase as much of the technology as possible right now. When things settle down, we might to different versions that people can try....like a dvd library only thing or something.

I think your FLAC files would play if you had a direct show flac decoder filter installed, you just have to google that and try to install one. I don't see why that wouldn't work since the player is directshow.

thekochs
Yes you can still use theatertek as the external player, don't quote me but "if" the theatertek decoders are directshow based then you would get that quality in side the built in player since I use whatever dvd decoder is installed on the system.

blopa26
alot of the client server stuff is taking a back seat right now, so if its not working I probably broke it by accident coding something else. Eventually I will get some time to go back and fix up the client server to make it more stable and reliable. Just nothing I can do about that stuff for now, expect make notes until I get to it.

Ok I think I replied to all the posts here, I will be making a new release tonight some time. It has a lot of new bug fixes related to the media player and other things. So keep an eye out, oh and the new release will have a new time out date...I haven't decided yet....I guess May 15th is good...every new release will get a new time out date that is later than the last one.

forgive any grammar mistakes or spelling errors, I wrote this pretty fast.
stevenhanna6

Previous