Hoping for skinner help

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Hoping for skinner help

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun May 11, 2008 10:39 am

As u know im not a skinner, yet i am presented a challenge to somehow compile sharkskin for P3rvette project... Now there is one task which is well beyond of my capablities. And im hoping mayby some skinner could lend a helping hand.

As u might know im planning to use corvette butt as a graphics for a player. In such a fashion that back lights would present those 4 needed buttons: play/pause, stop/eject, prew/rewind and next/ff. I would like to present symbols for those buttons as chrome trims on top of the lamp.

Now making graphix for these trim is beyond of my capability.

heres a picture from web to get the idea... unfortunately pic is little bad, i would like chrome more shiny and wider perhaps.

So idea is that composite (since each button has 2 functions) symbols would be presented in middle of the oval c5 lamp. For added realism id hope that there would be chrome bridges connecting the symbol (not a grille fashion but more random way rather) to outer edge of the oval (so symbol wouldt just be floating in air) and mayby also screws on left and right end. If u wanna help i think u better google for c5 lamp first to get the oval right, so it will fit perfect...

thanks in advance...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Hoping for skinner help

Postby rika on Sun May 11, 2008 10:26 pm

Some thing like this?

Rika
rika

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon May 12, 2008 11:54 pm

Awesome!!! u really pimped my skin :D rest of it is gonna look so lame now :)

It seems those will also solve my euro lights problem... how on earth did u manage to find such good shot of lamps, i was looking for quite a while with no luck, or did u made them from scrath, or are u hiding vette in carage too :D

Anyways i think i like better the candidates on 2nd row. First one of them is actually nearer what i originally meant, but second one (on second row) is the one i think i would pick now that i can see them all.

However i think u sould use composite symbol for play and pause (1 vertical bar followed by play triangle) rather than just plain play symbol (composites also for rest of three buttons) cause i after all only have 4 lamps and i dont like too much about the idea that trims would transform (from play to pause & vice versa), but instead id like to use lamp itself as indicator whether player is paused or playing, so i guess that could be accomplished by two ways, either by making red part of picture translucent (alpha) and putting some glow element behind it on the skin, or by making two buttons, first one with lamp on and other one off. I guess u can recommend one or other aproach as senior skinner...

So much thanks for helping me out here... your work is top notch as always 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue May 13, 2008 12:07 am

Actually now that im rethinking... lets bury the composite symbol idea... inorder to keep symbols clear and beutifully minimalistic. Lets trust that user knows that clicking play while player is playing will pause it and that clicking stop while stopped will eject the disc, without it being explicitly reflected by symbols.

If u could still whip up a stop, rewind and FF and mayby also a glowwy version of each 4, id be really happy
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Tue May 13, 2008 2:57 pm

Made them from scrath 8)
I will look into this...
Maby toggle buttons for play, pause and stop, eject would work?

Rika
rika

Postby rika on Tue May 13, 2008 10:32 pm

A nother one, more realistic...

Could you just dump a print screen of your skin so i can see where theese are suposed to be fitted.

Rika
rika

Postby rika on Wed May 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Ok, now try THIS
I made them more realistic ones, tell me if you don´t like them and i set you up with the first samples.
Tell me if you miss any thing. :wink:

Rika
rika

Postby rika on Thu May 15, 2008 11:56 am

8)

Rika
Last edited by rika on Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rika

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu May 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Instead of "Corvette", shouldn't it say "P3rvette"? :D And instead of the Chev logo....it should be some sort of bear logo. Now that would be personalization.

Great job Rika.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:it should be some sort of bear logo.

Marb, is it really necessary... after i put these under:

:D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Rika, those new lights are totally awesome!! And that whole black butt is looking great, ill have to try it on as soon i take comp out of car again... (easier to edit skin that way).

I was on road whole yesterday, came back JIT to beat USA... man it was sweet to be on road again and even though carputer had mere mp3 player on it, i can tell u guys it was awesome!
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Thanks! :)
Let me know if you miss any thing once you start to edit your skin. (I think maby a better glow on enter state?)

Rika
rika

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 15, 2008 6:07 pm

That black butt pic is great in that sense too that it made idea using license plate for now playing, i had earlier more clear... I was wondering earlier that i have to tweak the proportions of license plate holder in order to fit jewel case to it... but it must be the lighting of your picture which made the idea immeaditly clear right away as i saw it... ill be putting both now playing cover and next track cover to it... much like in skins of maestro himself. or better yet, if Jay's idea about two Z1s actually work now playing covers for both driver Z1 and cat Z1.

Also im thinking to have corvette text as clickable progress indicator text changing color as track advances and above cats-eye as volume indicator with LEDs KITT style...

Whether i can use black butt directly, i have to see, cause i added new design constraint while back about avoiding too large black areas on skin. No, no, im not a racist, theres actually technical reason for this which i explain as soon as i get over the documenting debt the project has accumulated...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby rika on Thu May 15, 2008 6:17 pm

lol. Let me know if you need a bigger butt later on... :D

Rika
rika

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu May 15, 2008 7:26 pm

rika wrote:lol. Let me know if you need a bigger butt later on... :D

Hey, before u introduce me to Inga and Ursula, keep in mind my last wifetobe was brasilerinha 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Next