usbuirt plugin

Xlobby plugin development

usbuirt plugin

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:59 pm

the latest usbuirt plugin is included in the zip below, make sure you place it in your "plugins" directory.

You must also use the latest xlobby2.exe included in that zip file to get it to work.

comments welcome.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip
stevenhanna6

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:27 pm

Very cool... now I can get crackin on getting that setup at home :)
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:43 am

I can get the new version of this plugin to learn IR codes, but it does not seem to want to transmit. Anything special compared to before?
jowaldo

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:48 am

could be a bug, I'll check it monday....to busy right now :(
stevenhanna6

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:13 am

I have just received my usbirt and can confirm that the plugin is not learning codes...?

Is there anything we can do to help Stephen?

Regards
Paul

Postby paublo on Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:52 pm

any news from anyone who has a working USBIRT solution... ?

I bought this thing especially for Xlobby and would love to get it working..

Cheers
paublo

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:29 pm

It's actually working for me... I found the problem was, when I try to get the UIRT to learn a code through xlobby, my remote has to be just inches away from it, and it has to be aimed just right.

I'm not sure if its supposed to be this way, or if its a pluging or uirt problem, but as long as I do that it learns just fine. It can transmit long distances fine however.

Let me know if this works for you or not.
jowaldo

Postby Roscoe62 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:17 pm

Jowaldo,

That is how the USB-UIRT is supposed to work. When learning codes you do have to be nice and close. IIRC a 6-12 inch distance is ideal.

No argument about the blaster distance though. Very powerful.
Roscoe62

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:28 pm

thats good to know... i thought i was going nuts or I had a faulty one
jowaldo

Postby paublo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:21 pm

evening all..

I have the usbirt working, strange but I had to change usb ports, reinstall the drivers and delete my main xlobby xml file. The plugin was reporting as offline...

To the bad news... when I learn codes, it appears to be working erraticly or double sending comands. Anyone have any ideas. I have tried different remotes and it is reporting 100% signal strength..

Thanks
Paublo
paublo

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:46 pm

So it learns codes ok? Is the problem that it just doesn't seem to be sending?

Saw you were in the chat room, sorry I missed ya, I'll be around for a while longer today if you want to try again
jowaldo

Postby paublo on Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:30 pm

thanks for the help Jowaldo, I have been struggling for time recently...

on to the usbirt - :shock:

this just shows that you learn something new every day. 8)

It turns out that the default IR codes stored within the remote were trasmitting three discreet rc5 codes, one for the press, then one for the hold and one for the release. Depending on how the usbirt picked up the code, it would intermittantly decide which of the three codes to process. On changing the remote code, to a configuration that emits only one code, all appears well. I have tested it with Girder on a working machine and will go on to do further tests with Xlobby..

I will try to meet up with more people on the chat sometime...

Thanks again
Paublo..
paublo

Postby Hiller on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:04 pm

stevenhanna6 wrote:could be a bug, I'll check it monday....to busy right now :(

Just thought I would get an update on this. I know you have been super busy Steven so I don't want to push you but for my system and I'm sure for some other's the client is useless without the UIRT working.

That is unless we want to go back to Girder... :(

Thanks,
Steve
Hiller

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:46 pm

Hiller it should be working, make sure your using everything in the latest xlobby2.zip

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip
stevenhanna6

Postby Hiller on Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:27 pm

Well then I must be doing something wrong. Could someone give me a walk through of the steps to capture an IR signal and then transmit it again. I'm not at my machine with XLobby on it but I'll give you my best guess of what I did.

1) pressed a button on my remote and saw the info at the top of the screen change. Good sign.

2) created a new command, changed the name, clicked on ID and pressed the button of the remote so that the signal was captured.

3) The learn/transmit section seemed to do nothing for me.

4) To see if it transmits at all I went to the event manager and created an event to test. It doesn't transmit anything.

I guess my big question is what is the ID and what are the learn/transmit sections.

I know I haven't done much on the docs like I said I would but if someone explains this I'll do something up quick with pictures and steps and stuff. I usually can fumble through and figure stuff out but wasn't having much luck last night.

Thanks,
Steve
Hiller

Next