XReceive plugin : send command to Xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

Postby packstlaurent on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:28 am

is it possble to have xsend/xreceive trigger an EVENT instead of a command?

Ie:

xsend event:alarm:armStay

xsend event:skin:music:start visualizaiton?

thanks

Yes, you just have to use the excelent plugin XEvent. And you have tu use it like that :

Code: Select all
"plugin:command:XEvent:Add Immediat Event:&alarm:armStay&"

Don't forget the surround the event command by "&"
packstlaurent

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for this plug-in. Using your xsend/xreceive plug-in in conjunction with Girder has allowed me take the integration between my theater automation/control and XL to another level. Nice work. :wink:

-Baddabing

Just FYI, you no longer need to use XEvent to call an event, you can now use XReceive to call the "run event" command directly.
BaddaBing

Xreceive command/event calling

Postby de3pc77 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:55 am

I am new to Xlobby and Xreceive, but love it so far. I am now creating a Firefly profile but am having some issues.

Can this plugin be used to call commands from other categories? For instance, how can I call music commands to play/pause/etc.? Only Xlobby commands seem to be working.

I tried : Xsend.exe "command:music:pause" {port} {IP} and nothing happens.

Also, can someone please post an example of how to call an event using Xreceive? Perhaps I can call a "SKIN:music:play" event instead to get the same results.
Thanks

UPDATE:
I just upgraded to the newest (Nov 24) version of XL and now have the "run event" command. I will try it out tonight, but I think this answers my previous question...
de3pc77

Postby siliconmelt on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Anyone got the plugin?
The links are dead ! Anyone have a copy they could send me?
siliconmelt

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:40 pm

BaddaBing

Postby MrO on Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:37 am

Dear Xlobbiers,

Before i start posting i first want to let Steven know what a great program he has created. And also many thanks to all the skinners and pluginners and all the guys at the forum helping each other out. So know here is my question. I have the same ":" problem as smarty did. I want to send "command:category:variable set:status:zone1:&skin://buttons/round.png&" to xlobby. The only thing that is shown in xlobby is &skin. I have the latest version of the plugin 3.1a(3.1 shown in plugin section in xlobby) and also the latest version of xlobby.
I hope that somebody has a solution.
MrO

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:44 am

Im no xpert on this plugin... but it awfully sounds like theyre using wrong version of SendMessage method for such a general application and cause of that ":" character is interpreted as delimeter.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby packstlaurent on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:25 pm

Please try the last version. Use the rar archive.

The exe installer is no up to date. The link is in the first post.

I hope someone will share the plugin in is own site. I'm not be longer able to share it on my site.

Thanks

Pack
packstlaurent

Postby dgemily on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:36 pm

packstlaurent wrote: I hope someone will share the plugin in is own site. I'm not be longer able to share it on my site.

Thanks

Pack

you only need to ask us.....
here is it : http://www.france.xlobby.com/plugins/XReceive.rar
dgemily

Postby MrO on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Yesssss... Thanks guys for your superfast reply. The update did the trick and it works like a charm now.
MrO

Postby packstlaurent on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:16 pm

you only need to ask us.....
here is it : http://www.france.xlobby.com/plugins/XReceive.rar

Thanks
packstlaurent

Re: XReceive plugin : send command to Xlobby

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:30 am

I've been using this plugin to control PervTalk devices on my music server from a seperate machine. Where I'm running into problems is that I'm trying to send an os:execute command to run sleep.exe on the music-server to put that machine to sleep when I press a button, but have not been successful yet. Here is my command:

"os:execute file:&c:\program files\sleep.exe&" 7750 192.168.X.XXX

I use that port and IP for the PerTalk control and it all works no problems.

Thanks in advance.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:27 am

Disregard my previous post, as I now use the xWOL plugin and it works great.

But now is it possible to send multiple commands in one argument. Example:

XSend.exe "command:xlobby:button set text:playback_icon:(" "command:music:stop" "command:xlobby:exit" "8000" "192.168.XXX.XXX"

If anyone on the French Team could chime in that may know an answer, that would be great.
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:33 pm

But now is it possible to send multiple commands in one argument

Okay, I figured this one out. Wasn't as difficult as I had thought. Just use the command:xlobby:run event, then fill out your variables...done. Works great.

Now I have a new request. Would it be possible to break/define the xReceive message? Like to display only a response from a specific command. Currently XReceive just receives all the the XSend commands and will display the most current one. Is it possible to only look at one.

As an example, I have a music server that is spitting out source information every 30 seconds, to which I'm receiving this information on another computer running Mirage. Only problem is that Mirage is using XSend commands as well, and the text window I would like to define for source information is getting all the XSend commands (or in other words erroneous info), and I have to sometimes wait for the source information to be sent again. It would be nice to be able to set up the text window to only look at sent information from a specific IP address.

Would this be possible?
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:27 am

Not sure if the developer of this is still around but this is already a very powerful plugin but I think has the potential to go alot further.
It seems that the variable for this plugin is the ONLY settable variable that is seen by both the server and the thin client which is AWESOME. I currently use this on my setup but am limited to only displaying one thing, the last sent command. I know the variable was just something added and not the primary function of this but I think if it was expanded on it could be used for alot by alot of people. I would like to see, and maybe with a seperate plugin, to be able to define multiple variables that would be seen by both the TC and server.

Am I right that this is the only settable variable that is seen by both???

I know I am asking alot but figured I would ask :D

packstlaurent, where are you???? :lol:
scottw

PreviousNext