Artist2
Artist3
...Album2
...Album2
...Album3
........Track1
........Track2
........Track3

I am using a "display folder in category" to create a "musicalbums" category (i.e. all the albums for a single artist)
I have my "musicalbums" category set up to display 4 albums per page. I can determine which page I am on by using category>musicalbums>page to display the text (i.e. Page 2 of 4)

Once I select an individual album, I show the details using category musicalbumsdetails. I can then move forward to the next album, or back to the previous album, by using the "Next/Previous Item" events, with the category set to musicalbums.

Is there a category variable that I can access to determine which ALBUM NUMBER I am on?
..... for example, if I have 12 albums for a single artist, I would like to select the album and have a text field that shows I am on "Album 5 of 12."

So I am looking for something like:
category>musicalbums>index
category>musicalbums>item
category>musicalbums>number?
which tells me the index of the selected element in the musicalbums category.

Is there such a counter implemented in xlobby categories?

I have not been able to locate a master list of all category variables available for use. If someone has one I would appreciate it.
WannaTheater

Re: "display folder in category" and category variable question

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:01 pm

I have not been able to locate a master list of all category variables available for use. If someone has one I would appreciate it.

I think your looking for Colby's Event Variable List document. If you click on my "Xlobby2 stuff" link in my signature, then go to Documents, you can find a copy of the variable list document there.

As for your problem, I can't think of the command right now...I'll have to look at the document myself...and get back to ya :wink:
Marbles_00

Postby WannaTheater on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:09 pm

Thanks Marbles. I saw that doc earlier today (although right now it appears to be "File Not Found" on the link.

Unfortunately, there was no such variable listed for music category. I was hoping there was some more vartiables NOT listed (as sometimes these documents get dated)
WannaTheater

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:47 am

Oopps, I realized that I didn't have the most recent on the site, so I uploaded the newer version, but forgot to re-publish the page.

Sorry about that, should be fixed now.
Marbles_00

Postby WannaTheater on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Got it. I don't see any variable that keeps track of which item number (index) you are on within a category.
WannaTheater

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:57 pm

have you treid using %cat>position% ?

give it a go.
S Pittaway

Postby WannaTheater on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. The "position" variable only seems to work for simple cases. For example, if you filter music by artist, then select an artist, the "music>position" will show the position of the album with regard to the number of albums for the selected artist.

But if you filter by year or genre, the position seems to jump around inexplicably. I was hoping there was an index (position) availbable for the resulting set.
WannaTheater

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Yeah i concur, i had similar probs with "%position%" var back in days i tried to use it as unique identifier for cat item within xPerT.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:10 am

yep, if its a filtered cat most of them dont work, the only one which is reliable is %cat>display%
S Pittaway