PPC Screens and One Question

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

PPC Screens and One Question

Postby PhilB on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Here are some screen shots of my ppc movie control screens. I have been working on a skin that is designed to be the minimum number of touches at all times. The PPC skin is the same general idea.

Question:
How are others dealing with the fact that if the WinMobile device goes into standby, the XLClient does not automatically restart when is wakes up? Is there some workaround or 3rd party app that will keep it running? The other issue is that the WiFi radio takes about 15 seconds to reconnect. XLClient wont start until the radio reconnects.

It would be ideal if the XLClient would test for connectivity, wait for it to be true and then start. It could be a command line option that would continually test and retry for a "x" times.

Any other ideas?

PhilB

Re: PPC Screens and One Question

Postby scottw on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 pm

I am interested in this as well. On a side note I was trying to find a way to wake up my server via "magic packet" and then launch the xl client on my ppc. I wrote a small Mortscript that does this so maybe Mortscript can be used for this as well. Just a thought....

edit: By the way I like the skin....love the K.I.S.S. method
scottw

Postby PhilB on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:40 pm

That is another good point. My server automatically hiberantes between 11pm and 6am to save power (so green). That means the XLClient connection needs to be reset too. To add confusion, the XLClient still looks like all is ok.

I will post the full skin at some point. It is very KISS but still feature rich.
PhilB

Postby flips on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Not sure if you found an answer yet... it has been 6 months.. :)

I haven't done this on mine yet , so no guarantees, but when I looked into it a while back I found that you can edit the pocket pc registry to change the time that wifi shuts off. This will affect your battery life, probably pretty substantially, although if you cradle it full time it might not be an issue for you.

a quick good search came up with this pocket pc app:
http://julien.schapman.free.fr/touchxpe ... n-tool.php

Good luck, let me know how it works so I can do it myself... :)

flips
flips